Space Wreck available now!

I think Tim Cain spoke about how he perceived Fallout's continuation in space. Or a different setting? Can someone remind me what he said in this matter?

I think Tim Cain spoke about how he perceived Fallout's continuation in space. Or a different setting? Can someone remind me what he said in this matter?
That the purpose of the Vault experiments were for the Enclave to prepare for leaving Earth. They wanted to leave the doomed Earth and find a new home among the stars, going by a colony ship. But they needed to conduct a few experiments first in order to gain some necessary knowledge.

e: That is a better explanation I think than than just having some really stupid experiments for the laughs. However I would have preferred if the Vaults were just for survival and nothing sinister about them.

Last edited:
I'll definitely want to buy it at some point but that'll be way later after I'm done with my backlog(s). :>

Buy it now to support @Kamaz! It will end up on your backlog anyway it sounds like.

I also have a huge backlog but every once in a while I buy a new game and play it on release, it's something special about that. Sure, the game will be more patched up and probably cheaper if you wait but it's not the same feeling. It's also more rewarding to talk gameplay impressions close to the release.

Looks great, will see if I can buy it before they remove the local currency on steam

That the purpose of the Vault experiments were for the Enclave to prepare for leaving Earth. They wanted to leave the doomed Earth and find a new home among the stars, going by a colony ship. But they needed to conduct a few experiments first in order to gain some necessary knowledge.

e: That is a better explanation I think than than just having some really stupid experiments for the laughs. However I would have preferred if the Vaults were just for survival and nothing sinister about them.
This would actually sort of fit colony ship, the Iron Tower game that's coming out later this year in which the entire story takes place on a gigantic colony ship on its way to alpha centauri...

Bug report?
When I interact with the computer in the crashed ship after it notifies me that a door opens somewhere the camera moves far too much to the back of the ship to the point that it's almost at max camera cap to the south-east.

Bug report?
When I interact with the computer in the crashed ship after it notifies me that a door opens somewhere the camera moves far too much to the back of the ship to the point that it's almost at max camera cap to the south-east.

Hm, yeah, not cool! Thanks for reporting!

More bug reports.

When you are on deck 3 on the 2nd location the guy in the shuttle bay, Weston, will walk outside of it and he might trigger and confront you as if you are inside of the shuttle bay when you actually aren't.

When I built the crane for the dudes expanding the living space on deck 2 I could build the crane twice so I did, after that the game didn't allow me to interact with anything and no buttons worked but I could move around so I had to alt+F4 the game.

When you talk the chief on deck 2 and she confiscates your stuff I had a moment of brilliance, I will leave my stuff (including my FOB key) on my robot companion in a level below. After she confiscated nothing as I had moved all "contraband" over to the robot I still got the dialogue moment where it mentioned that she confiscated my key and I could react to it, however after that was done I went down to the robot and it still had the FOB key on it.

Also, the dude guarding the door on Deck 2 to the other dude with a naked chick in the room? Yeah he opened the door once for me but I didn't want to talk to that dude yet so I went back outside but after that the door locked and whenever I talked to the doorman dude he said "go right in" but the door wouldn't open.

More bug reports.

When you are on deck 3 on the 2nd location the guy in the shuttle bay, Weston, will walk outside of it and he might trigger and confront you as if you are inside of the shuttle bay when you actually aren't.

When I built the crane for the dudes expanding the living space on deck 2 I could build the crane twice so I did, after that the game didn't allow me to interact with anything and no buttons worked but I could move around so I had to alt+F4 the game.

When you talk the chief on deck 2 and she confiscates your stuff I had a moment of brilliance, I will leave my stuff (including my FOB key) on my robot companion in a level below. After she confiscated nothing as I had moved all "contraband" over to the robot I still got the dialogue moment where it mentioned that she confiscated my key and I could react to it, however after that was done I went down to the robot and it still had the FOB key on it.

Also, the dude guarding the door on Deck 2 to the other dude with a naked chick in the room? Yeah he opened the door once for me but I didn't want to talk to that dude yet so I went back outside but after that the door locked and whenever I talked to the doorman dude he said "go right in" but the door wouldn't open.

Oh, nice, extensive reports! Thank you!

Back