Specs for new weapons

AnimalAl

First time out of the vault
Is there a list of blueprints and locations somewhere? I'm level 12, found access to three weapon specs, finally found out what crutches and pressure cookers are used for. Still haven't found a use for the flamer fuel.

Theres a raider in the Beth office complex, there was a raider I encountered somewhere in the Wastes, and probably some stores.

If you see fire coming at you, it's either a dude with a flamer or some mutated ant.

I dunno, google it?

I found a Flamer in the Tenpenny Towers armory where the guards' beds are. Haven't tried it out yet.

Also got a weapon spec for the Railroad Gun (fires railroad spikes) from Abraham Lincoln after I rescued the Declaration of Independence.

it's fun to play with railroad gun. You can nail your enemies on the wall... and see a super duper mutant running to you with 3 or 4 nails on the head is hilarious.

After doing the 'Head of State' quest, the guy that leads the slaves gave me a 'dart gun' schematic. Now, I already had that schematic from a power station somewhere, and the game said 'Dart Gun Schematics Updated'.

What does that mean? Does it mean I can build more powerful Dart Guns?

I haven't actually used the Dart Gun yet, so I'm really curious... Is anybody here 'in the know'?

I've gotten multiples of a few schematics now. Check the actual schematic note in your PipBoy for specifics on what changed. Usually it makes the item start out with higher condition or increases the damage slightly.

One of my friends who is playing through with the strategy guide in his lap was telling me that there are three copies of each schematic in the game somewhere but so far I've only found two for the rail gun, the cap mine and the dart gun.

TheLastOutlaw said:
I've gotten multiples of a few schematics now. Check the actual schematic note in your PipBoy for specifics on what changed. Usually it makes the item start out with higher condition or increases the damage slightly.

One of my friends who is playing through with the strategy guide in his lap was telling me that there are three copies of each schematic in the game somewhere but so far I've only found two for the rail gun, the cap mine and the dart gun.
Your friend is mostly right, but there are four copies of one schematic. Tell him not to trust the guide toooo much, because they do take some "artistic license" at the expense of actual content or truth, at times.

Mine and grenade schematics will make more mines for less supplies, when you have mulitple schematics.

Copter said:
it's fun to play with railroad gun. You can nail your enemies on the wall... and see a super duper mutant running to you with 3 or 4 nails on the head is hilarious.

Nailing enemies didn't work for me.

Once killed some granny in Megaton with a cooking pot though, it was stuck on her skull afterwards. Didn't try Teddy Bears yet, would make a good laugh killing muties with it.

The plasma rifle I got from the android for not telling his secret is the best weapon I've found so far (I'm level 12). Amazingly, I fired it at a Yao Goi thingy -- one of those mutated bears -- just as it was leaping at me to attack and got a critical hit and blasted it out of sight into the sky! I don't know if it was a glitch or what but the thing just sailed into the sun.

AnimalAl said:
Is there a list of blueprints and locations somewhere? I'm level 12, found access to three weapon specs, finally found out what crutches and pressure cookers are used for. Still haven't found a use for the flamer fuel.

Try the fallout wiki. I think they have a full list of all schematics.

I think each of the caravan merchants has a different one. The Doc has a Nuka-Cola grenade one and the Lucky guy got a shishkebab one. Try waiting in 1h intervals in front of Megaton.
You can get a shishkebab schematic from Vance, when you've done the 'Blood Ties' quest and you'll get a bottlecap mine schematic from Moira after the minefield quest.

Back