*spoiler warning* Fate of the Enclave

victor

Antediluvian as Feck
Orderite
[spoiler:1aa5f550f0]So, I've met the "president". Now, I can easily end the Enclave by telling him to kill himself, or I can keep going without the Enclave being destroyed. I'm not sure what to do. In a sense, it's cool that the US government would survive, as I think most other factions are BS (plus, technology), but then again they keep shooting at me. When I choose to destroy the Enclave, there's a lot of vertibirds leaving the base before it self-destructs. Does this mean it survives under that colonel?

I'm not sure what to do, storywise. Can someone help me decide without too many spoilers?[/spoiler:1aa5f550f0]

Read only if you are at the dialogue with the President, lest your game be spoiled.
[spoiler:709356d951]
I did what the president said, and that worked out kind of fun. I was playing a pretty evil, selfish character, and to that end you can have a decent ending, though you will end up having to work with the BoS to finish the game and do the purifier shit (though if you liked Big Guy and Rusty you may enjoy it.)[/spoiler:709356d951]

[spoiler:226887338e]Yeah, but what I really wanted to know is if there's a follow-up on the Enclave if you choose the self-destruct option. Do they keep attacking you? Do they come back later with a new president? Is there any follow-up in the endgame?[/spoiler:226887338e]

The Overseer said:
[spoiler:2eaca29f95]Yeah, but what I really wanted to know is if there's a follow-up on the Enclave if you choose the self-destruct option. Do they keep attacking you? Do they come back later with a new president? Is there any follow-up in the endgame?[/spoiler:2eaca29f95]

No, it doesn't matter at all. No relevance to the endings, no relevance to the Enclave moving into D.C.

Back