Stalker: SoC mods?

x'il

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
So i recently played this game and really enjoyed it, i'm itching for a replay with some patches/mods and i'd like to hear some recommendations about it. I found this 'Complete' mod on moddb that has a ton of stuff but it mostly seems like graphical improvements (and a bit massive apparently, don't know if the graphics card could handle it), is this thing any good, what else is there? or is that just enough? Thanks in advance.

STALKER Complete 2009 does a bunch of things besides graphics. Updates the UI, fixes piles of bugs, that sort of thing. You don't need super crazy GFX to use it, it scales very well.

Oh, all right... does it have 'dumb' changes, i mean, things that generally break a game like overpowered guns or the like? Any other suggestions?

I am playing it right now with Complete too, can't complain about any gamebreaking stuff. Some of the new feautures are debatable, you can for example now buy small amounts of ammo from random stalkers (a few rounds only) or you can use the teleport function to travel to places you have already visited (thats pretty convenient with that much backpedalling in fed ex quests)

I'm playing it too. :D

Many adjustments to weapons, but the one that bothers me the most is the nerf of my beloved HK G36.

Complete is basically a bunch of mods compiled in to one, very well done i might add.

Also i have been playing for hours and haven't heard a single "get out of here stalker", i was kinda looking forward to that :(

^ yeah, i've noticed, so far, they nerfed at least one gun, but it's a good thing in that case (ak47su) since you can get that one pretty early on. The mod is quite nice so far, and the enemies now throwing grenades shake things up a bit (hah, killed me a few times with that).

The guard in the hanger still says it, but it's been fixed so he doesn't fucking spout it nonstop. There was a bug that caused NPCs to speak non-fucking-stop. Like more irritating than Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Oblivion Lost and Lost Alpha are also great mods that add very much to the gameplay.

Back