Starfield, was it a flagship title?

flagship title?

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • uh, also no (i dont know how to remove poll options)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Mr Fish

Slippy sloppy, The
I just don't want this to get lost in the other posts in the other thread, was Starfield a big deal for Xbox/Microsoft? I mean they haven't had a whole lot of successes so far and they are way third in the console race and all so acquiring big studios like Bethesda was meant to mean something, well, Starfield is out and the audience reception is... Mildly positive. And uh, I don't think that's what Microsoft/Xbox wanted out of STARFIELD

So, was it a flagship title for them? And if it was, what do you think that this reception could mean for Bethesda going forward?

idk man I'm too out of the loop. I already lean anti Bethesda and I was completely off board once I heard they were going back to randomly generated environments. I only ever either see people shitting on it or praising it for the most basic features that should be expected of a rpg. What are the sales like? Because that's all Microsoft is gonna care about.

Edit: looks like it's sold like 6 million copies

Gamers will never have taste lmao

No no no, 6 million players, Graves.
Not copies.

Part of those players are Game Pass.
And Game Pass is like 10 bucks on steam, 15 maybe on the xbox.
It also doesn't factor in how many played it for an hour and then refunded it or tried it out on Game Pass and then moved on to play... I dunno, some game with big tiddy asian babes in it.

So 6 million players. But how many concurrent? Oh we're not gonna mention 'that'.

Xbox.com is 3.6 or 72% positive.
Steam is at 77% positive (mostly positive)
Metacritic pc is at 5.6 or 56%
Metacritic xbox is at 6.4 or 64%

The highest rated one is Steam and I think the only reason for why that it is is because it is a binary system so people who have mixed feelings have to pick between negative or positive but even it is down to Mostly Positive. How many players glance at a review score, see Mostly Positive and assume the worse of it?

These are clearly not the numbers they want for a system seller.

Why do you think this was supposed to be a flagship system seller?
The current Xbox has been out for 3 years.
Bit late for flagship system sellers isn't it?

Yeah, I mean they did seem to push Starfield pretty hard during their xboxsomethingsomething.

Well, I haven't really followed it, so yeah don't listen to me anyway.

I think Phil Spencer himself said that "there is not a world where Starfield is an 11/10 and makes XBox sell millions of units" or something to that effect, I think they were fully prepared for it to be just meh.

Señor Fish, you must understand that Graves is an actual mush brain with zero reasoning skills and also incapable of having a inner monologue, he thinks it is a form of schizophrenia. He simply cannot comprehend that I did not choose the Thug Life, the Thug Life chose me.

FAGSHIP title.
2023-09-13 18.29.34 i.pinimg.com ae3da722684a.png

Back