System Shock 3 on the way?

maximaz

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Something, a lot of people here will like to hear:

"This next item should bring a smile to the faces of old-school PC gamers: word out of EA is that System Shock 3 is well underway, with revered industry veteran and original System Shock lead designer Doug Church at the helm..."

Rumor Mole of OXM June issue.

Ive heard the games are really good, but I have only ever played the demo of System Shock 2. Would you recommend them?

Yes, and they are using the same team of The Goodfather.
The only good thing is that Doug Church (one of the programmers of Ultima Underworld) is in the team.

It was said some time ago in TTLG forums.

As Ken Levine Says... "They will made a game with a big final monster"

i could've told you that...

Bioshock is the spiritual successor and as it's headed for one hell of a market hit, EA just has to take a piece of the pie and announced System Shock 3.

System Shock and System Shock 2 are among the best and deepest games I've played. However, facing SHODAN for the third time? It's the most stupid decision ever.

Unless this time SHODAN is actually an ally and is proven right.

I like it! I've played a lot of games over the years but I've never played System Shock. I tried to get into it two years ago but then the graphics just felt horrible, I should have played it when it was new....

So if there's a SS3 and it's good I'll definitely play that!

Ive heard the games are really good, but I have only ever played the demo of System Shock 2. Would you recommend them?

Definitely play SS2. If you can't stand the graphics, there is a crap load of mods that make it look better.

System Shock and System Shock 2 are among the best and deepest games I've played. However, facing SHODAN for the third time? It's the most stupid decision ever.

Why not face SHODAN for the third time? I actually want to see SHODAN there because of the way SS2 ended. Since she changed, you don't know what to expect and what her motives would be now.

I think this is great news. EA is a very sucky company but they can make good games once in awhile. About a month ago there was something about the fact that most of their games are a joke and how it started to reflect in their sales and them talking about wanting to become a respectable company again. So maybe they will let this be a quality game.

maximaz said:

Definitely play SS2. If you can't stand the graphics, there is a crap load of mods that make it look better.

Why not face SHODAN for the third time? I actually want to see SHODAN there because of the way SS2 ended. Since she changed, you don't know what to expect and what her motives would be now.

I think this is great news. EA is a very sucky company but they can make good games once in awhile. About a month ago there was something about the fact that most of their games are a joke and how it started to reflect in their sales and them talking about wanting to become a respectable company again. So maybe they will let this be a quality game.

When somebody loses for the third time, this means that he/she is laughably incompetent. SHODAN is a genius, make no mistake, and always lost due to a single factor she didn't compensate for. Now, after two losses, she'd surely do it. Especially since she'd be capable of overrunning the Rickenbacker again.

Piggy Himmler said:

SS2 is the best 3D game I played, ever.

It seems like I need to give System Shock 2 another chance, if everything you guys are saying is true.

Let's not forget that the first time I played Fallout, I thought it was a miserable piece of shit; that is until I actually got outside of the Vault 13 caves, and into the outside world.

I mean, if we can ever speak of enlightening experiences/redemption, that would be it.

I mean, I didn't know. I really had no idea what was in store for me at all. If someone would have told me before I experienced it myself, I wouldn't have believed them.

So yeah, time to go find my SS2 disks. I just can't let another one of these kinds of once-in-a-lifetime experiences fade away from me. Fallout was there once, and only once. Fallout 3 won't replace the sheer love and joy of the original games. The pure beauty, the overflowing atmosphere, and intellectual stimulation... :cry:

Onward to searching for those disks now. :arrow:

Mikael Grizzly said:
When somebody loses for the third time, this means that he/she is laughably incompetent. SHODAN is a genius, make no mistake, and always lost due to a single factor she didn't compensate for. Now, after two losses, she'd surely do it. Especially since she'd be capable of overrunning the Rickenbacker again.

SPOILER
She didn't exactly lose, she changed. Maybe she actually became more powerful, more importanly she is became different.

Play SS1 too! (works great with dosbox) I just finished it yesterday, for the first time and I have to say, it's much more moody than SS2. That said, both are better than anything else made so far :)

One thing I liked specialy about SS2 was the way you made your char and how it could be developed. I still play it time to time trying out dfirent chars and playstyles. Thing is Deus Ex is almost as good, but SS2 has better atmosphere. That said Im expecting that Bioshock will be better IMHO.

radnan said:
SS3 ?!!!! yay :) what the hell .. today i just found out about SC2, Dx3 and SS3 ... :)

SC2 = SimCity 2?

Anyway, SS3 sounds great. Haven't played the first two yet but I guess it is time for that now.

monsharen said:
radnan said:
SS3 ?!!!! yay :) what the hell .. today i just found out about SC2, Dx3 and SS3 ... :)

SC2 = SimCity 2?

Anyway, SS3 sounds great. Haven't played the first two yet but I guess it is time for that now.
I think SC2= StarCraft 2

I haven't played SS but I did play SS2 and liked it a lot. Didn't care much for the degrading weapons but I loved that you couldn't fully clear a level, there were always some of those zombies/hybrids shuffling around the halls. I was always trying to decide if it was better to use what little ammo I had or take them out with the wrench and possibly take some damage.

Back