T-51b where?

It's still nerfed, just like all power armors in FO3. No Strength bonus for the T-51b. :(

Ausir said:
It's still nerfed, just like all power armors in FO3. No Strength bonus for the T-51b. :(
They make it up for you by giving clothes that add to your skills. STOP WHINING FANBOYS

Nopsi said:
and where is the key for the fort?
Mister Crowley in Underworld has a quest. If you follow this questline, you'll get to Fort Constantine (as long as you don't give the keys to Mister Crowley of course).

I think the problem about Power Armor in Fallout 3 is that it does not make you feel protected at all. My various sets offered no more than 40% damage reduction at most, and the disappearance of damage thresholds is a big letdown.

In FO1, when you finally had power armor, conventional weapons could no longer scratch you (except for critical in the eyes). It was great because you finally felt secure wandering the land wearing it, and you could laugh as raiders or radscorpions tried endlessly to bypass your multiple layers of steel, to no avail.

Here, even though the armor does reduce the damage by a fair amount, you can still be harmed or killed by the dumbest raider armed with a crappy 10mm pistol.

I really wish a mod could implement damage thresholds back into the game, it would make armor much more interesting.

Sander said:
Nopsi said:
and where is the key for the fort?
Mister Crowley in Underworld has a quest. If you follow this questline, you'll get to Fort Constantine (as long as you don't give the keys to Mister Crowley of course).

[spoiler:14280c202e]

the one where i have to kill the guys??

[/spoiler:14280c202e]

Bowyerte said:
I think the problem about Power Armor in Fallout 3 is that it does not make you feel protected at all. My various sets offered no more than 40% damage reduction at most, and the disappearance of damage threshold
*facepalm*
I can't believe they could do something that stupid.

Sorrow said:
Bowyerte said:
I think the problem about Power Armor in Fallout 3 is that it does not make you feel protected at all. My various sets offered no more than 40% damage reduction at most, and the disappearance of damage threshold
*facepalm*
I can't believe they could do something that stupid.

Oblivion?

power armor in FO3 got nerfed big time, agreed!

the unique sets like the medic set and the t51b should give you insane bonuses seeing how the 100% on them lasts very very shortly since theres no way to repair em short of hexing yourself a few dozen sets to repair with

It definitely blows to get Power Armor for the first time, pump it all the way up with your repair skill (after you let the Behemoth at the GNR studio kill a nice load of Brotherhood losers of course) only to realize that you're still having your health sucked out like a man being drained by five thousand legions of giant leeches.

They should have at least raised your defense against low level weaponry to the point that it brushes off cheap crappy peashooters.

there should just be a trigger when you put it on that sets you as immune to damage less a critical hit from any small caliber projectile weapons

It's actually pretty expensive once repaired, considering how cheap everything else is in the Fallout 3 world.

And you *can* repair the unique sets at a merchant, he doesn't need a replicate :) Although I have yet to see one that repairs to more than 51% condition.

Bowyerte said:
It's actually pretty expensive once repaired, considering how cheap everything else is in the Fallout 3 world.

And you *can* repair the unique sets at a merchant, he doesn't need a replicate :) Although I have yet to see one that repairs to more than 51% condition.

Moira in Megaton is 54%.

crow (armour wandering vendor) is 75
Weapons wandering vendor is slightly lower. Still rocks over moira tho.

RBurns722 said:
power armor in FO3 got nerfed big time, agreed!

the unique sets like the medic set and the t51b should give you insane bonuses seeing how the 100% on them lasts very very shortly since theres no way to repair em short of hexing yourself a few dozen sets to repair with

You can use any power armor to repair any other power armor IIRC. I'm almost positive I used regular power armors to repair my medic armor.

This works with all special items.

For example, I can use Chinese Assault Rifles to repair the Xuanlong assault rifle. I can use regular plasma rifles to repair the android's plasma rifle. etc.

Back