Takeda 3

Flop

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
Has anyone here heard of this game? It's a tactical/strategic game, based on the Sengoku Jidai, kind of a Shogun: Total War imitation, except it's better than Shogun, imo, in most respects (except for graphics, unfortunately). It's made by a small Canadian based company called Magitech, which has made a couple of other similar games.

I just received this in the mail, along with another of their games called Sango 2 (same basic gameplay, but with Romance of the Three Kingdoms, instead), and even though I've only played it for a few hours, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Supposedly, the AI is very good (unlike in Shogun), although (again supposedly) it has been dumbed down compared to Takeda 2, due to complaints from some of the publishers. I haven't played it enough yet to make up my mind about the AI, though, so I'm not sure.

Has anyone else played any of these games? If not, there's a demo available on their website, so I'd advise anyone interested to try it out. It's worth noting that the price on their site includes worldwide shipping costs, if anyone should decide to get it.

I Enjoyed Takeda 1 back in the day. Strength and Honour is also pretty enjoyable. Their games are a nice middle ground between the EU series and the Total War series.

I never tried their early games, unfortunately. But I think they're making a sequel to Strength & Honour.

Is there anything to find for one that isnt that intrested in the japanese civil war?

Sango 2 is about the 3 kingdoms era in China, although you may not find that interesting either, if you're not interested in the sengoku jidai.

Strength & Honour is about the Roman empire, but I haven't tried it, so I can't really comment on it. They're developing a sequel to that one, at the moment.

Back