The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Dream Theater - SCORE

3 hours of fun, including the entire Six Degrees with an orchestra.
I still think half of that concept song sounds like a videogame-theme.

Yeah, that is all that Score really is... Awesome though. I actually had to do some design work on this album at work, so I can say that I did some designing on this! But I think it only went on the Australian market :(

Dream Theater- Metropolis (SCORE)

duckman said:
Yeah, that is all that Score really is... Awesome though. I actually had to do some design work on this album at work, so I can say that I did some designing on this! But I think it only went on the Australian market :(
Well, what did you design on it? I could check whether it's on there.

Metallica - Garage Inc. - The Wait

It was basically collating the inside image on the DigiPak (which is what we call the board fold-out design) and just putting in the songs, credits and the like. The picture had been given to us, but we had to collate it in some kind of order that the representative deemed "aesthetic", as it is one large picture over 2 panels of the pack...

We mainly get provided images like pictures, but the words and that I had to put in, with guidance from the representative, and choose the specific font for the text, which doesn't come to mind at the moment...

Oh, and I did this a few months back, sorry if my details are sketchy.

Dream Theater- Octavarium

Portishead - Keybored

New stuff from their myspace page, Geoff Barrow said it's just "doodles", but it sounds better than 99% of the shit that passes off as music these days.

Hey, Portishead ain't bad at all, even if they're a little wacko. I think I'll bust out their old record

Portishead - Dummy

I recently got turned on to Dream Theater's side projects - Liquid Tension Experiment and Office of Strategic Influence. Very jazz-fusion/progressive rock-y, good stuff.

Stock said:
Oasis - Fucking In The Bushes.

holy shit, i didn't know Oasis was still around. (And if someone starts singing "Champagne Supernova" they will die painfully)

Disturbed - Liberate
NIN - Sin, Closer, Head Like a Hole

A friend of mine says Disturbed is like the "Toreador on Black Velvet" of metal, but i don't really care.

Hey, I listened to that song yesterday^, but anyways

Messiah Complex by Darkest Hour, the guitar is pretty damn good.

The Reverend Horton Heat - It Hurts Your Daddy Bad

If you like Rock'N'Roll and Rockabilly you MUST check The Reverend Horton Heat. Great Shit!

Cimmerian Nights said:
I recently got turned on to Dream Theater's side projects - Liquid Tension Experiment and Office of Strategic Influence. Very jazz-fusion/progressive rock-y, good stuff.

Really? I didn't know of their side projects. I'll have to check them out right now!!

Dream Theater- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (Yes still)

Cranberries - Salvation

Shit, I forgot that song, and even though Cranberries are basically overrated one-hit-womders this song is teh shitzky.

I had you pegged for a Jaco Pastorius fan Mr. P.

duckman said:
Cimmerian Nights said:

Really? I didn't know of their side projects. I'll have to check them out right now!!

Liquid Tension Expreiment is better, includes one of the guys from King Crimson. It's all instrumental. Given the lack of good fusion/prog. rock music these days it's really nice to hear.

Reverend Horton Heat - Calling In Twisted

(after comeing back from a club and having a joint, this shit just freaks me out!)

Back