The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

my friend,

One of my biggest regrets in life was when I was 19 or 20 and my girlfriend at the time asked me to go see a show with her dad at a small club in New Jersey. I decided to not go so I could stay home, smoke weed, and play World of Warcraft all night. That show was Yes.

I said no, when I should have said YES!

Which reminds me, I also stayed home to play Zelda instead of seeing Sublime with my sister at Warped Tour in '96. One of their last shows before he died of overdose.
Sublime ended up being probably my favorite band, at least in my youth.

Once, in the 90's I walked into my favorite hobby shop, and the owner was playing Battle of Epping Forest on the stereo. The first (and so far only) time I'd heard it played anywhere but in my own house.

*There is a story about the album cover. IIRC... the woman painted it originally for herself, and the band asked her to use it, with modification... she revised it by adding the lawn mower. (There might be more to it; I don't remember.)

Once called up WTUL radio, and convinced the DJ to play Supper's Ready. He came on the air and said that I had better really appreciate this; he'd just realized the song's length. It had gotten to about 18 minutes in before the next DJ summarily cut it off, and started his own program.

The song ' I know what I like (n your wardrobe ) is reflected in the cover art. " Me I'm just a lawnmower you can tell me by the way I walk.

It rather delights me to see a number of people here like Genesis and Yes, I love those two bands to death. Anyone here a fan of Pink Floyd and King Crimson? The former are my favorite band, and the latter wrote my favorite album. And speaking of the latter, I'm listening through this at the moment.

I've been listening to Long Season by Fishmans religiously as of late. Arguably the best damn thing I've ever listened to- and the live version is even better! Incredible Japanese Dream Pop.
Studio:

Live:

Along with that, I've been listening to a good bit of Emo revival music from the 2010s- The Brave Little Abacus' "Just Got Back From the Discomfort We're Alright"

Pink Floyd songs on the radio are tired to me but I like that band a lot. "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" is probably my favorite song by them. One of those 60's songs that make you want to do all the drugs. And if you aren't on any drugs, you feel like you are on all the drugs just listening to it.

Yeah man any colour you like. Deep Purple. Tangerine Dream.Blue Oyster Cult.King Crimson. Yellow Peril Yardies. (ok I made the last one up )

I know people here shit on Wolfenstein The New Colossus. But idc, i think that's the one series that bethesda mightve done some justice towards. Plus the music from both games slaps. Reminds me of "If i needed someone" by a band that needs no mention because of their legendary status

I know people here shit on Wolfenstein The New Colossus. But idc, i think that's the one series that bethesda mightve done some justice towards.
I really like the new Wolenstein games. They aren't perfect by any means (The New Colossus especially), but they were very fun romps that I will gladly play through again. They do a good job at keeping you entertained in terms of the gunplay and I think their stories are alright for the most part

Anyway, I was listening to more King Crimson again. I really liked the songs in this one, especially "Exiles"

I like the German version better. Better flow.

Stand up's are doing free hour long specials on youtube lately. I feel obligated to recommend Yannis Pappas' spechy because I liked it and it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OK , ta for recommendation :) Any relation to ' The Mammas and Pappas ? Only another 8 subscribers and chestikov2011 will have hit the 100 mark lol PS German version is better.

I like the German version better. Better flow.

I've found english versions of songs originally done in a foreign language never sound as good.

I'll name Suerte (Whenever, Wherever) by Shakira as an example. And no I'm not afraid to admit I listen to Shakira, after all those hips don't lie.

Been listening to this all night as part of a lip-sync script I've been working on for mod authors. I think marcus sang it better:

Back