The Sum/Nous Aurons is a total conversion of Fallout Tactics

Canadian state funded total conversation mod

"Originally released in 2017, the Fallout Tactics mod, The Sum / Nous Aurons has found newfound attention with Kotaku's(opens in new tab) reporting that the anarchist art project received funding from the Canada Council for the Arts, as well as the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec."

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-wish-my-t...-this-canadian-government-funded-fallout-mod/

As I've said before on here, I think getting funded by an arts council was a touch of genius. These bodies love to lavish money on the avante garde.

Video games, a work of art? I bet Tracey Vermin is jealous as fuck. :P

The premise of the mod seems entirely counter to series tenets; not the utopian world concept, but if it actually worked for them. What a dull game.

The premise of the mod seems entirely counter to series tenets; not the utopian world concept, but if it actually worked for them. What a dull game.

Then if it deviates from the OG, possibly turning things on 'their' head it is seen as wrong or boring?

I think a fallout game showing human beans striving to rebuild * society * is much more accurate than people living in shithole buildings, sleeping on dirty mattresses and eating Parson's Noses

When I played through last time, I got the sense that the utopian societies were very much not working for them. There were hostiles in plenty of areas, groups antithetical to my own PC's chosen background society, and struggles in the wasteland for basic resources just as we see anywhere else.

Frankly, The Sum is the closest fan game I've played to the vibe of Fallout 2, just with a very different flavor and aesthetic.

I've been looking at it for long time, but I never gathered enough will momentum to try it.
it has its thread on NMA.

The Sum is based on Libertarian Municipalism ideology, so it is all about DIY, anarchist communities being self sustainable after capitalism destroyed the planet.
Instead of XP you gather "autonomy points".
It is also very woke - general lampooning of Christianity and right wing on every step, CRT, intersectional feminism, LGBT and gender theories laced with early Punk (bands like CRASS) lyrics scattered over the wasteland.
So you can choose lots of genders and political ideologies like radical, trans or old(!).
https://www.moddb.com/mods/thesum

It is also fairly unfinished - map is huge and the game is very ambitious, and project was one man band in the beginning.

Last edited:
I've been looking at it for long time, but I never gathered enough will momentum to try it.
it has its thread on NMA.

The Sum is based Libertarian Municipalism ideology, so it is all about DIY, anarchist communities being self sustainable after capitalism destroyed the planet.
Instead of XP you gather "autonomy points",
It is also very woke - general lampooning of Christianity and right wing on every step, CRT, intersectional feminism, LGBT and gender theories laced with early Punk (bands like CRASS) lyrics scattered over the wasteland.
So you can choose lots of genders and political ideologies like radical, trans or old(!).
https://www.moddb.com/mods/thesum

It is also fairly unfinished - map is huge and the game is very ambitious, and project was one man band in the beginning.

I had never bought FO Tactics like lots of others for the obvious reasons.
I bought it last year for the sole reason of installing 'The Sum'

I was advised by Mr Proletarian to give Tactics a run through. I've seen other posters liking Tactics, also saying it is forgiven for veering away from OG's.

I am a spoilt western bastard who has quite a few unfinished games, so the time I play and finish tactics, The Sum may be more polished.

I will play as a hard left Trotskyist and develop workers control and management, but take the piss out of ultra left 'Utopian dreamers' that often put the cart before the horse.

Viva La Revolucion. Da

I like some of the ideas (character archetypes that have different starts) but I don't like the execution.

I had never bought FO Tactics like lots of others for the obvious reasons.
I bought it last year for the sole reason of installing 'The Sum'

I was advised by Mr Proletarian to give Tactics a run through. I've seen other posters liking Tactics, also saying it is forgiven for veering away from OG's.

I am a spoilt western bastard who has quite a few unfinished games, so the time I play and finish tactics, The Sum may be more polished.

I will play as a hard left Trotskyist and develop workers control and management, but take the piss out of ultra left 'Utopian dreamers' that often put the cart before the horse.

Viva La Revolucion. Da
Just play Xconn's mod instead.

If the anarchists all dressed in similar attire then I suppose executing them all is the only solution.
Unless one person had a badge saying ' I am the leader of this leaderless anarchist commune ' things could become tricky.

As I like both the above posts, without being patronising I wish to send monies via Patreon or PayPal.

I am a fairly well known Lesbian and Phalangist. I donate to causes that touch me, and I am touched.

Back