Things that you LIKE about Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Fallout 76' started by error2k, Feb 4, 2021.

1. JunjiItosGio

JunjiItosGio First time out of the vault

Oct 29, 2020
    The flora is really only intact near the starting area in the middle, the other ends of the map like the Cranberry Bog/Ash Heap/The Mire/Toxic Valley/The Savage Divide are all fucked up in their own way. The fauna everywhere seems to be mutated such as the three-headed opossums, electric frogs, and the ugly looking squirrels. It's a bit weird yeah, but it isn't all lush green

2. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    A lot of it is though. From what I recall there are two major zones that are lush green. The other zones are visually great but I think changing the starting zones to something a tad more sparse and more perma-autumnal like the forests near Arroyo/Klamath in F2 would have been more suitable.

Ironically the visual appearances of Appalachia and the Commonwealth should basically be swapped.

3. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020

The beginning level area is pretty big yeah, but the only real "lush" part of the map is the Forest. Unless of course you also count the mutated Dr. Seuss looking trees in the Bog area or the Point Lookout III area in the Mire. Whoever did the borders on this map forgot to add yellow at the river as you can't cross to the other side, so it looks a bit bigger than it is in-game

That would be nice, I do agree the Forest is a bit too lush, I'd even like if they had made the flora look a little more sickly and dying than vibrant and lively

4. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013

Just a little bit of extra desertification would have done just to show the landscape is permanently altered, even in zones with flora regrowth. I also seperated the starting area and the whole Mothman wing of the map as two different zones, for whatever reason. It has been 2 years now since I played it.

5. JunjiItosGio

Oct 29, 2020
    Another thing I really like in FO76 is the environmental storytelling of pre-war civil unrest between worker unions and corporations replacing them with automatons. There's a bunch of protest signs like this around in the game.

Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_10_Aint_a_Commie.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_5_People_First (1).png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_7_Give_Jobs_Back.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_6_Jobs_or_Blood.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_5_People_First.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_4_Want_to_Work.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_1_Dad_Needs_Job.png Fallout_76_Protest_Sign_3_Against_Automation.png

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 12, 2020
    Yeah, they touched on this in the Pitt as well, and I have to admit that it’s one piece of lore entirely created by Bethesda that fits into the series well.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  7. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jun 7, 2015
    Flora should only just be starting to pop back up, sickly little skinny trees and green shoots. The world has just been wiped lcean practically. Plus most of the desolate zones are desolate because of pre-war industrial activity.

8. MayonaiseCream

MayonaiseCream First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2017
    76 has me fully drawn in, I've accomplished everything, though, dropping a nuke is really the only thing that I could keep doing. :V