Tim Cain's Thoughts & Vision On A Fallout 1 Remake.

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by TheKingofVault14, Oct 7, 2023.

1. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022
    What are your guys thoughts on Tim Cain's vision of a Fallout 1 remake/remastered?

For me at least from a story perspective, I agree with keeping things fateful to the original, no drastic changes to the story at all. On the other hand in regards to gameplay & whatnot, that's a different story. I don't know, some of his ideas seem pretty interesting to see in a remake/remaster of the game!

:-)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  2. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Vault Senior Citizen

May 12, 2020
    I more or less agree with everything he said. It’s funny that he mentions using procedural generation to construct the world map, that’s exactly what I was thinking when playing Daggerfall recently.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Stanislavsky

Stanislavsky First time out of the vault

Mar 7, 2020
    I wish Microsoft would permit this project, and let him (maybe with Exile) take it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    Well If he was down for a Fallout remake. I really hope they keeps the isometric view of the game. And run it on a very fresh engine. Akin to what Baldur's Gate 3 runs on. And gives so many more options to new builds, expand the story of the original, as well as adding in new locations, characters, dialogue options, and weapons. I wouldn't alter the core of the story at all. Like one big expansion to the story I can name of- Big Mt., Dayglow, The Vipers, possibly the Vault Dweller drifting a bit into Mexico. That would work perfectly

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1