Tim Cain's Thoughts & Vision On A Fallout 1 Remake.

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!
What are your guys thoughts on Tim Cain's vision of a Fallout 1 remake/remastered?

For me at least from a story perspective, I agree with keeping things fateful to the original, no drastic changes to the story at all. On the other hand in regards to gameplay & whatnot, that's a different story. I don't know, some of his ideas seem pretty interesting to see in a remake/remaster of the game!

:-)

I more or less agree with everything he said. It’s funny that he mentions using procedural generation to construct the world map, that’s exactly what I was thinking when playing Daggerfall recently.

I wish Microsoft would permit this project, and let him (maybe with Exile) take it.

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on Tim Cain's vision of a Fallout 1 remake/remastered?

For me at least from a story perspective, I agree with keeping things fateful to the original, no drastic changes to the story at all. On the other hand in regards to gameplay & whatnot, that's a different story. I don't know, some of his ideas seem pretty interesting to see in a remake/remaster of the game!

:-)

Well If he was down for a Fallout remake. I really hope they keeps the isometric view of the game. And run it on a very fresh engine. Akin to what Baldur's Gate 3 runs on. And gives so many more options to new builds, expand the story of the original, as well as adding in new locations, characters, dialogue options, and weapons. I wouldn't alter the core of the story at all. Like one big expansion to the story I can name of- Big Mt., Dayglow, The Vipers, possibly the Vault Dweller drifting a bit into Mexico. That would work perfectly

Back