Translation Time!

Blakut said:
Way to miss the point dude, didn't you read the new rules of the game? It's like awesome! (You now have to translate this through the translator, just like the thing with the painter painting a painting of a painter painting a painting...)

54 translations later... (<- great name for a sequel to 28 days/weeks later, btw.)

[spoiler:2ff6836a3f]"Center limited, as in the New Testament. 'Estate just Amazing! His (artist), if lower."[/spoiler:2ff6836a3f]
-squirt-

These fragments should indeed be put together into a new and improved holy scripture, for mankind to misinterpret, leaving the obsolete idols of christianity behind. (I had to edit this in as I almost forgot that the next guy needs something to translate).

"per is the bestest lizard"

Omitting a few duplicates, the chain started out like this:

a lizard is the bestest
An orchid is the bestest
Orchid Popular
Popular orchid
Public orchid

It stayed there for several translations before becoming:

Orchid Care

And again was pretty stable until suddenly the Japanese did it:

Okiddokea

No translator was able to make anything out of that.

Hey, did you just find a way to distill and extract your very essence? Okiddokea, I salute you.

"Luke is the bestest philistine", 54 translations later, turns into "Port". Basically, one could either interpret this as a harbor of sorts, or as port wine, or as a harbor for/of port wine. Pretty good essence, I think.

Interesting transactions:

Back to ENGLISH : Luke is the bestest Philistine
ARABIC : لوقا هو مثقف bestest
Back to ENGLISH : Luke is the bestest cultured

So in Arabic, philistine means cultured? Maybe that's why terrorists are blowing stuff up - they bought their travelling dictionaries from Monty Python and got the terms all mixed up. =/

Then it was "Port popular culture" for a while, turning into "Port Popular", and then to "Popular Port". Italian made it "People port", Polish made that "Port of", and Portuguese made it just "Port".

"All your bases are belong to us"
after 25 translations:
"All our bases are"

Well, for 15 translations or so, the phrase didn't change at all. :P

"Disabling all of you asses to fix, hold plz" (the filter won't let me put the original phrase)
25 translations:
"All are invited to jump to the calendar reform"

"Barcelona is overrated."

[spoiler:4caa6b0bd3]"Barcelona is fantastic."[/spoiler:4caa6b0bd3]

Well, fuck you.

I did your mom last night.

[spoiler:66a7cdc442]

I am not his mother at night.

[/spoiler:66a7cdc442]

"I will never commit suicide!"

[spoiler:66a7cdc442]

"Kill!"
[/spoiler:66a7cdc442]

Fallout Three: Game of the Year Edition

[spoiler:9cc4c775ca]Conclusion 3: The Game[/spoiler:9cc4c775ca]

Remove the colon and we get instead

[spoiler:9cc4c775ca]Analysis of the three versions of the game.[/spoiler:9cc4c775ca]

Finally put all letters in lowercase

[spoiler:9cc4c775ca]Here are three different versions of rain[/spoiler:9cc4c775ca]

Somewhere, a translator is typography-sensitive.

"Buy an iPad"

10 translations later:

"Company purchase request"

25 translations later:

"Applications to buy company"

54 translations later:

"With."

"Fuck Bethsoft in the ear with a buttered corn cob"

...54 translations later we get:

"Look at the opening and cleaning the cream"

Hooooo, a hundred kinds of no.

"Fuck"

...54 translations later we get:

"You are rude"

Sorry...

I should be studying economic theory for today's test at college, and instead I am here hanging at NMA.

[spoiler:3ad23574d4]In business school I learned that I was sent to 100 hell.[/spoiler:3ad23574d4]

Oh shit. God is sending a message to capitalists through me.

Hi, I know this thread is old, but I wanted to share something with you. In another community, we did a human experiment of this Bad Translator with 18 translations. We mimiced the process of the webpage, but instead of using a mechanical translator, we did it all by ourselves with a PM chain.

Check the whole thread here:
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/604023
It's terribly big, so I won't post it all here. Also, the tags wouldn't work and I'd have a hard time converting all of them.

I believe that George W. Bush was a great president.

54 translations later, I've got

I believe that even President Bush.

Huh. Boring.

KristofferAG said:
I believe that George W. Bush was a great president.

54 translations later, I've got

I believe that even President Bush.

Huh. Boring.

Dude, you need to play around with it a little to get some good stuff...

Let's see...

Try removing the period. Apparently, the translation changes when it doesn't realize that there is punctuation. Now, let's try this...

George W. Bush was an amazing president

[spoiler:ed80aa2cde]

"George Bush is not."

[/spoiler:ed80aa2cde]

Back