Tron 2

I thought that Tron game was supposed to be the sequel.. heh, I like how it also mentions a remake of Logan's Run at the bottom. As though we need Hollywood regurgitating more crap based on classic cult films.

I'd be on board with a TRON sequel if I thought it was in competent hands. Unfortunately I don't think so, especially since they're calling it TR2N. Something wrong with TRON 2?

They'll have to prove it's not a stupid, plotless, CGI-crapfest before I'll go see it.

I'm for this. The teaser shown at Comic-Con was mind-blowingly awesome and I think they can do some great stuff with the evolution of computers and the internet since the time of the original.

Plus - Jeff Bridges. I mean, come on. Jeff Bridges.

UniversalWolf said:
They'll have to prove it's not a stupid, plotless, CGI-crapfest before I'll go see it.

:shock: What kind of amazing and awesome world are you living in, that such a possibility as this could even exist?

Can you get me in? I want to live there...

Malky said:
I'm for this. The teaser shown at Comic-Con was mind-blowingly awesome and I think they can do some great stuff with the evolution of computers and the internet since the time of the original.

Yes, because we've had so many movies that take advantage of people's knowledge of computers to provide a truly epic trek into the world of computronics.

Plus - Jeff Bridges. I mean, come on. Jeff Bridges.

I'd be more impressed by Jeff Goldblum, JEFF GOLDBLUM.

Jeff Goldblum is a horrible actor.

The lebowski is back, and having acid flashbacks to the 80's man, you cannot deny the awesome.

Confalone said:
wtf all I want to do is read about tron but it keeps forwarding me to a green card application! >_<

:D Do you need one ?

Anyway, that doesn't happen to me.

Mephestys said:
UniversalWolf said:

:shock: What kind of amazing and awesome world are you living in, that such a possibility as this could even exist?

Can you get me in? I want to live there...

It's a world where 1% probabilities are allowed to exist. :wink:

TRON was a fun movie, but it's not so All-Time Classic that I care whether they screw up a remake. I was much more annoyed by the remake of The Manchurian Candidate from the first moment I heard about it.

Mitch Hedberg has a joke about how Cheez-Whiz should glow in the dark because, hey, it's Cheez-Whiz: it's not a product that's going to lose its integrity if it also glows in the dark. That's how I think of TRON 2 - excuse me, TR2N.

I remember the Tron arcade game more than anything from the movie.

I can even remember that music...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63RgrnyqbpU&feature=related[/youtube]

Tron Deadly Discs was another classic.

yeah tron is a classic, used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.

Now the last Starfighter.

There's a classic.

I liked Discs of TRON as well. It wasn't as strange and interesting as the TRON game, but it was fun.

Did I read you right, Pablosdog? The movie TRON scared you? What was scary about it?

I'd be jazzed to see a Tron sequel, but not a remake. If they are going to add something to the story, I'm OK with that, and I wouldn't even mind it seeing take place after the game. I enjoyed the game a lot as well, so that would be my hope. But if they just kind of ignore the game too, I would be very interested in seeing it. Logan's Run would be a blast too...

As someone else said though, as long as it's not a CGI hunk of crap...got to have a story. Last Starfighter was awesome too...

Cimmerian Nights said:
I remember the Tron arcade game more than anything from the movie.

I can even remember that music...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63RgrnyqbpU&feature=related[/youtube]

Tron Deadly Discs was another classic.

A local gaming store I visit still even has a original arcade machine of that game.

http://www.phoenixnestarcade.com/

tron.jpg

I love Tron i think its a great movie, this is the first time i heard about sequel and iam looking forward to it. Its Joseph Kosinskis first movie but iam not to troubled with this since Tron was also first movie by Steven Lisberger.

Crappy quality, but the feeling...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGWYAUF3v4[/youtube]

Back