Ubisoft: You will own nothing and you will be happy.

Good thing the only game from them i actually cared about was Far Cry 2. Everything after has been the same generic, souless open world garbage, with the only redeeming game since then being maybe Blood Dragon, but that game is pretty much drenched in Far Cry 3's garbage design.

But really, at this point it feels like Ubisoft wants to be known as the worst company in gaming but being beaten by Activision seems to trigger them. So they do dumb shit like this.

Last edited:
Good thing the only game from them i actually cared about was Far Cry 2. Everything after has been the same generic, souless open world garbage, with the only redeeming game since then being maybe Blood Dragon, but that game is pretty much drenched in Far Cry 3's garbage design.

But really, at this point it feels like Ubisoft wants to be known as the worst company in gaming but being beaten by Activision seems to trigger them. So they do dumb shit like this.

I agree that they make a lot of souless shit, but stuff like From Dust, Silent Hunter, OG Prince of Persia and a few of the Assassin's Creed games are kinda of cool though.

mfw digital isnt real ownership

why act surprised it never was. if you cant resell what you bought then you're renting because it aint yours
Graves spent hundreds of dollars on games he could have emulated.

:thinking:
So if I got a mp3 song... And I can't resell it... Then this mp3 song... Is rented?
really sad people can no longer understand the difference between having access to something a truly owning your copy of something.

:thinking2:
Right... So if I print out a CD of it... Is 'that' now owning a "copy" of it? And if so, what is the difference between the file being burnt on a CD or it residing on my hard drive?

:thinking2:
Right... So if I print out a CD of it... Is 'that' now owning a "copy" of it? And if so, what is the difference between the file being burnt on a CD or it residing on my hard drive?
an official release becomes legally yours when you purchase that copy. you own that instance of the copyright. you can resell it because its yours. making copies isnt yours. selling them would be illegal. you only have access to the data legal or otherwise. a physical official library is yours. an iso file on a hard drive or a burnt disc is simply a means of access. if you cant understand the difference the youre alread owning nothing and being happy. literally too far gone to comprehend

But I did purchase my mp3 file.

"surely if i prove i dont understand at all thatll show him"

brother you cant tell me theres no difference between having something you can resell and having something that is just data on a hard drive

Of course there is a difference, but you're saying I do not have ownership over the files that is literally on my harddrive and external harddrive and mobile phone and some MP3 player I got lying around somewhere. According to your logic I am somehow "renting" these files.

You don't own anything digitally, the company just gives you the right to access that thing. But at any time they can just say fuck you and remove access. Meanwhile with true physical copies (not that bullshit that you only get the download code), the company can't come up to you and take your copy, they can only do it if you burn it into other cds and try to sell it.

You don't own anything digitally, the company just gives you the right to access that thing. But at any time they can just say fuck you and remove access. Meanwhile with true physical copies (not that bullshit that you only get the download code), the company can't come up to you and take your copy, they can only do it if you burn it into other cds and try to sell it.
But what if I don't have to go through any company's service to access my digital file? What if it's just, yknow, there. No log ins, no subscription, no account, it's just... There. I can copy paste my file as much as I want to, copy it over to literally any device that can hold said file. How is that file not owned by me if I own the storage devices it resides on?

Now Steam games and stuff like that? Yeah you own a license that allows you access to that stuff. But when I bought albums online and I get the literal audio files to do whatever I want to with and copy around as much as I want I fail to see how these aren't my property.

There's also stuff like Robot Cache using blockchain, and each game purchase is kinda like an NFT, so you can resell your games like you would with a physical copy.

Though I doubt it's gonna overtake Steam any time soon.
It's Brian Fargo that started it, which is probably not a good sign.

Last edited:
Back