Ubisoft: You will own nothing and you will be happy.

But what if I don't have to go through any company's service to access my digital file? What if it's just, yknow, there. No log ins, no subscription, no account, it's just... There. I can copy paste my file as much as I want to, copy it over to literally any device that can hold said file. How is that file not owned by me if I own the storage devices it resides on?
thats called piracy innit

Not when I bought the files.
buying an instance of a license doesnt entitle you to infinite copies just the one you bought. i cant make a bunch of copies of my own games and be like wym i bought em nah you only bought one. you goofy goobers dont even understand the concept of ownership and thats really really sad.

I seem to remember that this was the entire reason emulation was a grey area - because if you own the physical copy, it is totally legal to use emulation, even if other people made the ROM? And you can copy all you want for yourself?

Danish law is at least pretty clear that you can make infinite copies of e.g. your own music CDs for any use within your household.
But US law is probably different.

buying an instance of a license doesnt entitle you to infinite copies just the one you bought. i cant make a bunch of copies of my own games and be like wym i bought em nah you only bought one. you goofy goobers dont even understand the concept of ownership and thats really really sad.
But it's not a license.
It's the files.
I don't know how much simpler I can make this.
I go to place, I buy the thing, I download the files, I now own the files. There is no license, there is no account, there is no service through which I have to use to access these files, they're loose files that I got access to because I paid for them. They are now mine to do with as I please.

Like I went to Steam Powered Giraffe's website, I bought the album, I got access to the files, downloaded them, now I have them. I could get access to those files again through their service but I am no longer reliant on their service to get a hold of those files. I have them copied to 4 storage devices that I own. If I own these storage devices and the files I legally bought are on these storage devices how is that not ownership of digital files?

If I own these storage devices and the files I legally bought are on these storage devices how is that not ownership of digital files?
a lot harder to sell those files than it would be to sell your own physical album. because those files arent really yours theyre still steam powered giraffes. capatilism gets pretty wonky once you have a functionally infinite supply of something.

Graves is literally too autistic to understand owning something whether you stole it or not is irrelevant because I am not supporting the game developers kids so who gives a shit? Pirating a game from 1999 is the way to go instead of spending 100 bucks on a piece of plastic that will also decay eventually anyway. Owning a disc might make you feel good but you are just hoarding junk like a dumbass and one day someone will have to sort through your pile of junk and throw it in the trash.

Also GOG installs so this whole thing is just...blah.

Also also hackers will fix it anyway so just stfu Graves you contrarian cunt. You literally could not agree with yourself if you were standing next to yourself.

Also also also I love you but you are weird sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also also hackers will fix it anyway so just stfu Graves you contrarian cunt. You literally could not agree with yourself if you were standing next to yourself.
thats because other me is a fucking retard just ask him a question and watch him prove me right

Back