UnderRail released on Steam and GOG

Kilus

Not Australian
Orderite
UnderRail is a new post-apocalyptic role playing game with isometric style graphics and turn based combat. It was created by Stygian Software which is a small 3 man team.

Underrail is an old school isometric turn-based RPG set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.

It is available on Steam and GOG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/
http://www.gog.com/game/underrail

Last edited by a moderator:
...Shit.

I don't like playing multiple games at a time and I've ended up starting Overlord, State Of Decay (2nd time playthrough) and Westerado. To make matters worse Hotline Miami 2's level editor was released so that's been hogging up time and now, finally Underrail is released when I'm busy with too many other things to start it.. Just... Shit...

Seems to be well received on Steam.

I found a little jewel in the negative review though (actually that's the first negative I saw):
"Whats not great: You are an army of one, there are no followers or companions in this game (that I have found anyway). There are many weapons...but you wont be able to use most of them AT ALL initially because there is an arbitrary skill level requirement in place... a skill level requirement even for basic assault rifles that you wont hit probably until level 5-6. The combat is HARD for a newbie."
Source : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027748168/recommended/250520/

The exact opposite of Fallout 4, seriously those community manager.

Edit : Oops didn't see it was an early-access review from october, but it still count somehow.

Last edited:
Fuck, I'm trying to save up for my new video card but now this gam has started getting ahold of my attention. I WANT!

Spare change, old friend, old pal? Can you help a poor mutant down on his luck?[Cough]

I kid I kid. I'll likely get it myself soon, then I can hit myself for it later. :P

It's a very good game, a solid rpg experience. Also it's a very damn long game and the replay value is huge.
I like the setting, it's a mix of metro 2033, fallout, deus ex and a little of system shock (psy powers).

This has been a good year for RPGs huh?

UnderRail
Age of Decadence
Pillars of Eternity
(could go on and include Witcher etc)

Bless 2015

At this point for me, if you're going to buy only one indie RPG this year, it ought to be Age of Decadence.

I've got 10 hours into Underrail so far and I'm still not sure what the game is trying to achieve storywise. The player is not drawn in at all. So far it's just "go do this" for no other reason than they asked (or fear of getting kicked out).

Bought this LONG ago in alpha as a greenlight item, glad I did now :grin: not played it much as the early alpha was .. well, was unfinished :V
Time to dust it off and update it I guess.

Perhaps this will be the FO4 I was looking for?

At this point for me, if you're going to buy only one indie RPG this year, it ought to be Age of Decadence.

I've got 10 hours into Underrail so far and I'm still not sure what the game is trying to achieve storywise. The player is not drawn in at all. So far it's just "go do this" for no other reason than they asked (or fear of getting kicked out).

The game isn't heavy story driven, you can lose yourself exploring the caves for hours. at what point of the main quest are you at?

The game isn't heavy story driven, you can lose yourself exploring the caves for hours. at what point of the main quest are you at?
Getting acidsplashed by ridiculously overpowered enemies in the Junkyard, to get drill parts to "speed things up". A real motivator, considering I was told to just go buy the damn parts.

Back