Unlimited Party Members Mod for Fallout 2 -please read!

Crailey

First time out of the vault
Hello nma members,

After having played f3 and being disapointed i decided to replay F1 and f2. So after installing the restoration mod (awesome mod!!), I went searching for a mod that would allow me to have infinite or at least more party members.

I found a mod that claimed it would remove the charisma check entirely, and dus allowing me to have as many as id like. Though for some reason the mod didnt word, perhaps because of a difference in game versions. No readme availible so i really dont know..

After browsing some very old threads i found that it is possible to be able to edit the .int files for each and ever recruitable npc. And remove the charisma check. I lack the skills and time to do this myself..

I read about a mod with the filename: Party1.zip , Which there was a link to in one of those old threads, But that link has died :(

So, simply said- Does anyone know of a mod that will allow me to have unlimited or at least MORE party members in Fallout 2?

The only mod that i am using atm, is the latest restoration patch.

~ thanks in advance.

***EDIT***

I have succesfully found a method to get it done, and here it is for everyone, For use with the latest Restoration patch version, Modifies the charisma check and allows you to have as many party members as you'd like.

*you only need to download one of these, multiple links to help prevent future dead links.

Source1: http://www.2shared.com/file/FosuGFf4/New_Scripts.html
Source2: http://rapidshare.com/files/421511705/New_Scripts.zip
Source3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8NC4WF0T

if you do that and do not start with FRP scripts,you will not have dialog for the new content added into the npc scripts(and globals wont be set etc),yea it will work,but you will probably miss alot

Nirran

Nirran said:
if you do that and do not start with FRP scripts,you will not have dialog for the new content added into the npc scripts(and globals wont be set etc),yea it will work,but you will probably miss alot

Nirran

What do you mean by 'New content' And 'Globals' ?

[spoiler:2bc22bf57d]global variables one i know of for sure is that you will not be able to visit the primitive tribe with those scripts,because talking with sulik sets a var that allows the den slavers and metzger to show the location of it(as of 1.2 anyway,pretty it is similar),his dialog will be missing the lines for it,and the global will never be set[/spoiler:2bc22bf57d]

Nirran

Nirran said:
[spoiler:810ce37f2c]global variables one i know of for sure is that you will not be able to visit the primitive tribe with those scripts,because talking with sulik sets a var that allows the den slavers and metzger to show the location of it(as of 1.2 anyway,pretty it is similar),his dialog will be missing the lines for it,and the global will never be set[/spoiler:810ce37f2c]

Nirran

Well fortunately i have already gotten to that point with sulik ^_^ , Even though i might miss out on some extra content i REALLY want a bigger party. On my second playthrough i will be sure to remove this mod and use the original restoration files.

Thank you for the heads up.

Yeah someone would just be willing to pry out the neccessary code and copy&paste it to RP's NPC files.

If someone would be willing to direct to me to a .int editing tool, with some simple explanations of what lines to edit.. I would be very grateful :|

this is what needs to be changed

Code:
(metarule(16, 0) - 1) >= 5)

set the 5 to 99 or something

find a decompiler on my site in tools page(int2ssl),compiler find here(it comes with ssl editor(source from the decompiler),you will have to change every npc script,simple tho

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sfall/

Nirran

The party check removal was already done by me for a few NPCs (I couldn't bother myself for removing the limit for Myron or Lenny or other useless NPCs and I forgot about K9, which is the only useful dog NPC - but others are here and with decent CHA you can pick those whose limits aren't removed "normally")

here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bxgs35jm3b6lr5v

made for RP 2.1.1 but the scripts of those NPCs weren't updated since then so everything should work for the latest RP version.

I removed both the CHA check and the maximum party members check so you can get all of them with CHA=1

Thank you for your help Nirran, i know it is rather annoying to give out freebies to newbs. Anyhow thank you for your patience.

Oh haha, Dforge a little too late i have just finished with the modifications, In mine all Recruitable Npc's are included and the scripts files that were modified are from the latest Restoration patch version.
STILL! thank you aswell, very kind :)

Will Edit First Post! there you can find the link for it!

I'm encountering Problems. It seems my group doesn't want to be bigger than six. Like in order to pick up dogmeat, I have to drop somebody. Then I can't get them back into my party. Any advice?

Has anyone gotten this working with the latest 2.1.2? Cant seem to get either files to work.

Would a change like this require a new game?

On a related note, would it be possible to get something like this that worked only when you had a charisma of 10? Or is that already what has been described? I can't really tell.

Of course, a matter of adding an "or" line to the CHA check. Don't look at me though, I suck at coding.

Once i made funny experiment, i add dogmeat script to all npc on map and whole town follow me when i come close to somebody heh, but when i go out from map they disappear

This is like the "Magnetic personality" perk should work... :mrgreen:

Now you have to try it with the "Pariah dog"... :ok:

Back