Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters

It's never as bad as people think it is. Besides I ain't ever eaten no crab.

They didn’t just disappear, like some crab rapture. They were over hunted. The population will recover.

Coffee is better with a little chocolate.
WRONG! Coffee is better with Jameson, Crem de minth and whipped cream.

Jokes aside, anyone remember the phrase "Loose lips sink ships"? Nowadays the enemy can just turn on the news and find out what the other side is doing. Up to the minute. These news outlets don't care about putting soldiers in danger, all they care about is making ad revenue from stupid IKEA and anti-depressant commercials.

WRONG! Coffee is better with Jameson, Crem de minth and whipped cream.

Jokes aside, anyone remember the phrase "Loose lips sink ships"? Nowadays the enemy can just turn on the news and find out what the other side is doing. Up to the minute. These news outlets don't care about putting soldiers in danger, all they care about is making ad revenue from stupid IKEA and anti-depressant commercials.
Makes you wonder if what the news is saying is actually the reality of what is going on, yes?

The key thing to take away is if you watch the news or care about anything they say beyond "your house is about to be hit by a tsunami or your money is gonna go away due to taxes" then you are tarded.

It is all an illusion. I know early morning news presenters may use a tea mug as a prop. Our ones drink from the empty mug and actually gulp as if swallowing invisible tea.
Then they lie through their teeth or suck up to some bent politician.

@TorontoReign I bet you care deeply, but are putting on that ' I'm alright Jack ' act

It is all an illusion. I know early morning news presenters may use a tea mug as a prop. Our ones drink from the empty mug and actually gulp as if swallowing invisible tea.
Then they lie through their teeth or suck up to some bent politician.

@TorontoReign I bet you care deeply, but are putting on that ' I'm alright Jack ' act

I only care as far as it takes me to solving a problem. If it is beyond my ability I do not care. I give a fuck but I do not care.

Not caring is a defence mechanism used by people that have too much empathy for others. They will say things like " All those charity adverts that say Mbubu has to walk 6 miles to the water hole, then 6 miles back; wtf does Mbubu not move closer to the well, stupid cunt"

If on TV it says a factory in Bangladesh collapsed killing most of the clothing workers. I think to meself ' I bet Primark will use that when they jack-up the price of their shit clothing.

Not caring is a defence mechanism used by people that have too much empathy for others. They will say things like " All those charity adverts that say Mbubu has to walk 6 miles to the water hole, then 6 miles back; wtf does Mbubu not move closer to the well, stupid cunt"

If on TV it says a factory in Bangladesh collapsed killing most of the clothing workers. I think to meself ' I bet Primark will use that when they jack-up the price of their shit clothing.

Or it is just stoicism which I adhere to.

-the endurance of pain or hardship without the display of feelings and without complaint.

Did any of those Stoic philosophers ever get kicked in the bollocks?

Lawyers say " Be pragmatic, plead guilty you will only get 6 months, you are too much of an idealist "
I say " No comment "

Did any of those Stoic philosophers ever get kicked in the bollocks?

Lawyers say " Be pragmatic, plead guilty you will only get 6 months, you are too much of an idealist "
I say " No comment "

Getting kicked in the balls is a part of life.

Nowadays, yeah. Those philosophers kicked each other in the balls using metaphors and smart retorts but nothing physical.

Diogenes sat in a fucking barrel ! I bet it was to protect him really, not some stunt like modern day artists do.

I find the mindset to be helpful since it drove me from the brink of madness worrying about shit I had no control over. Of course if you are literally on fire it might not help as much.

If that self help aid made you stop worrying and love sugar bombs, then, that's cool. Events that happen are chaotic and random although natural disasters have a cause effect element.

A Yemeni child being killed by British ordnance dropped by a Saudi plane who's pilot was trained by the RAF . At the same time it is not my kid, thank fuck. So the same as yourself I try to apply detatchment and view it as an unchangeable event

Back