UP and RP updates

Just started to play the RPU and got one question. Are there a way to set up screen resolution 960x600? I've got a 16:10 monitor and play with 800x600 but it is a bit blurry. Manual setting of 960x600 through f2_res_config results in error.
Some resolutions will work, some will not. For a start, I'd try running (in the main FO2 folder after installing RPU/Sfall) f2_res_config.exe

If nothing else it gives you an idea of which res modes are supported, and should tell you what ratio they are. I myself am running on a 16:9 4k native monitor and I picked:
Mode=4 ; DX9 Fullscreen
SCALE_2X=1 ; Makes interface elements big enough for my old crappy eyes

GraphicsWidth=2048
GraphicsHeight=1152

Various other little tweaks and settings, but that was the basic setup that seemed to work well for me. Gave a look that didn't scale TOO much (the really high res modes show too much with the elements way too small. Just looks wrong to me, so I rolled it back to a point where yes, it's scaled and somewhat stretched, but IMO still looks pretty good).

For whatever it's worth. ^_^

Just started to play the RPU and got one question. Are there a way to set up screen resolution 960x600? I've got a 16:10 monitor and play with 800x600 but it is a bit blurry. Manual setting of 960x600 through f2_res_config results in error.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...de-fallout-game-by-czechs.109858/post-4650361

The nuance is that ddraw.ini controls the resolution of the game window, while f2_res ini controls the resolution the game is rendered at inside that window. If you have a 1920x1200 16:10 you want ddraw at that resolution and f2_res at your 960x600 analogue. you have to tell f2_res to relinquish game window control by setting graphics_mode=0

i'm already lost in which things are up to date which are not. so i'm gonna post it here. i haven't played fallout for many years, i've seen the restoration project gameplay, i've been through fixt etc. now i'm playing fallout 2 with rpu, again i'm not sure if up to date or not, but i'm seeing silly things that shouldn't be there if to count endless efforts
  • like just two hours into game, i see a merchant who gets killed, and his bodyguards keep repeating they wouldn't allow me to steal his property even though the guy is dead
  • a minute later i spot exactly same merchant (with exactly same unuseful crap)
  • how would i prevent it? i don't know, i'm not a coder. i don't know if you can have a fixed number of merchants which would differ and be noticed dead on the roll, but as a writer i'd implement another statement to the bodyguards, like 'stealing is bad, m'kay...' so it would be south park reference in a fo2 vibe... or anything like that avoiding mentioning the merchant who might be already dead...
  • i was heading to vault city. i've checked modoc and ghost farm. i was sure someone will break his leg, this time it was vic. (i mean the trap entrance to the ghost farm underworld). well i didn't have money for the auto-doc so i thought of visiting the painless doctor in redding. well he offered to heal me even though i've had 40/40 hp (so spending $100 did nothing), not noticing my npc with broken ribs or leg or whatever
  • how would i fix it? i don't know, i'm not a coder. but i'd make sure every doctor or doc-tec in game notices either playable character and npcs...
  • in vault city i talked to ed... he metnioned that he sold the v13 flask to vic... i'm not sure but the dialogue was confusing. no actual consequence like you can't punish vic, tell him anything, there's no action, just a blurry mention and it's a whole effort in-game
  • in gecko, harold doesn't recognize if you have the hy-mag or not so someone implemented a never disappearing dialogue line about it lol
  • there's many such dialogues and loopholes. like the poseidon oil reactor guard doesn't recognize you've fixed it and keep talking about the radiation leak. lenny or skeeter's employee have looped dialogues so if you missclick you need to go whole another round of talking before you can say bye. i'm sure there's tons of such dialogues in it
  • i messed with the terminal but enclave never arrived... i'm not sure if they ever do but it would be cool if you could use it for getting to navarro for example just like harry in fo97 would take it to lou
  • around gecko, there's famous 8 square you need to check for the sergant... every square is identical with identical piece of bones in the lower part...
  • how would i fix it? i mean you could make it cool with some ghoul-tribal piece of art or whatever map that actually makes sense, e.g. necropolis reference with sewage, but you could simply make it plain desert? or with any signs of radiation? idk, but not identical square lol
  • speaking about that, maybe there could be fixed number of random encounters that actualy make sense, like random farms, caming sides, whatever city ruins etc. that disappear when you visit it, but actually allow some looting or have some fabular value
  • + in vault 8, when you hustle the doctor and he calls the guards, nothing happens and he talks to you just as normal... there's loopholes every once in a while. like festus wants me to use optimalization data, but he doesn't give me a card? it's like the original fo2 without a patch...
  • another absurd: you can 'heal a broken leg' of the redding sheriff but he wouldn't recognize it and keep asking for help. it would be more realistic if he could become our npc or simply noticed it
  • what's up with arroyo? i was told on the talking heads mod discord that someone had already come up with this idea, but on the polish scene we were once supposed to create a 'new arroyo' mod, thanks to which, after using the geck, the village would gradually return to form, and over time it could take on an appearance similar to a vault city and end screen. i don't know if restoration project implements this. on the other hand, maybe it could be done during the game, where the enclava would only disrupt the plans for a moment? i suggest the working name 'what's up with arroyo' lol
i mean fallout was always arachaic but giving it so much effort it feels a bit silly when the plotholes are so obvious

Last edited:
i mean fallout was always arachaic but giving it so much effort it feels a bit silly when the plotholes are so obvious
I'm sorry to say but this type of feedback will be ignored with 95% probability. If you want to help out, you can file every separate issue on official github with a little more detail. You don't have to be a "coder" to learn how to provide feedback better. Art or story-related issues will most likely be out of scope of this project though. RPU is about bug fixing and compatibility.

Personally, I find v29 already to be very stable version with almost 0 bugs. Night and day compared to what was the old RP back in the day.

I'm sorry to say but this type of feedback will be ignored with 95% probability. If you want to help out, you can file every separate issue on official github with a little more detail. You don't have to be a "coder" to learn how to provide feedback better. Art or story-related issues will most likely be out of scope of this project though. RPU is about bug fixing and compatibility.

Personally, I find v29 already to be very stable version with almost 0 bugs. Night and day compared to what was the old RP back in the day.
i'm not interested in bugs at that point and i never was (well if such plotholes and loopholes aren't bugs). art and story-related things are what make it all work in a long run, unless it's as buggy as fo2 before the official patch, lol. i thought it was mostly about restoring things that black isle didn't have time to implement (or in fact resigned of). and you could cut the sarcasm, i only meant i'd have to be a coder to fix it myself. there's no point for me in reporting if 95% of it is gonna be ignored. i didn't expect any of you to pay attention either

Last edited:
Your list of grievances... I am sorry but it like it's vanilla game without fixing. Are you sure you installed the mod correctly?

Back