VATS implementations in an MMO setting

nonix

First time out of the vault
Hope this is the right sub-forum.

Taking into account different fighting parameters including enemy quantities/strengths and Player+Player interactivity, would setting VATS combat in seperate blade instances be a feasable option in an MMO setting?

Well I guess I should mention that I don't like VATS and that I don't want a Fallout MMO. But if a Fallout MMO was made and it was made in the style of 3 and New Vegas then I couldn't see them having VATS at least not in the form 3 and New Vegas have it in where it pauses time. I couldn't see it working with large groups of players working together let alone PvP.

It would manifest as a bunch of people about to fight, for then to freeze-frame, one of them shoots a few rounds, they freeze again, and so on. Totally awesome! If you aren't part of the fight, you can sortof wander in between them, which to them would manifest as random strangers sortof teleporting randomly around them, while they fight - imagine how hilarious! Laughter for everyone!

It would be like an online sudoku cafe! Muties and raiders hanging out at a bar doing shots and then step outside to do battle, wild west style :razz:

Back