Vault 13, Fallout MMO, "How It Should Be Done"

Golic

First time out of the vault
Ok this is just my opinion on how the Fallout MMO should be done (if it ever is)

1.More Settlements: Fallout 1 and 2 was full of settlements, city's and villages such as junktown, The Hub, NCR, New Reno... each area giving the player more things to do and accomplish and adding colour to a very bleak situation, where as fallout 3 had well only 3 major area's Megaton,Rivet City and the Citadel, sure there where some small populated areas but none of them left an impression in fact most of them where very forgetful. What i would like to see in the Fallout MMO is the return of the Post-Apocalyptic super-power, people in the wasteland making an impression leaving there mark and most of all having lots of juicy quests to rip into.

2.Travel: Travel in Fallout 1 and 2 was simple and easy point and click although easy to grasp and effective at what it did (point A to point B) it never gave the player any sense of exploration, and travel in Fallout 3 was just mundane and boring. What i would like to see is personal transport or group caravans, Brahmin vans that people can ride on and catch a lift, or the return of hill-billy armoured trucks in Fallout tactics just something better than point and click or long mundane walking.

3.Currency:I only have on thing to say about currency in Fallout, Ok you know in fallout 1 you had to press each time you wanted to up caps so if you wanted to buy a set of $4000 you where screwed, then in Fallout 2 they fixed that so that you could hold it down when you wanted to go up caps go if you held it down to long it would go too fast and you'd miss the amount you wanted, it was like interplays sick idea of a joke, so yeah all i want is this not to happen just let us type the amount we want with the keyboard.

4:Setting: West Coast please :mrgreen:

5:Quests: This is the one time im siding with Fallout 3, in fallout 1 and 2 when you got a quest it showed up in text box in the hud and in your pipboy, so large quests like the water chip quest and find the GECK where underplayed and didn't strike out that much whereas in fallout 3 you got that cool (i have to admit) grainy writing and that echo sound that made it seem so epic!. So yeah have something like something something that when you accept the quest make the player think"Arr snap this shits gonna be Crazy!" Yes apparently all Fallout MMO players are now Chris Turk from Scrubs.

6:Design: Please interplay we liked the Fallout 1 and 2 Huds please dont change them to much please!

Ok so yeah that my view please post anything if you agree or disagree with my views i know im kinda new to this so if iv done anything in my post i shouldn't please tell me!

Golic said:
so yeah all i want is this not to happen just let us type the amount we want with the keyboard.

You already could type the amount.

Anyway, you got some good ideas. With the setting, yeah west coast is good, but maybe give players something new. Perhaps central America (Rocky Mountains, Great Plains type of thing). I don't know.

I have my doubts that a Fallout MMO will even be completed, but if it is there's a slim chance I'll play it. Not a fan of the MMO genre, they all seem pretty much the same, boring you know? If there is no monthly charge (hahaha, who am I kiddin'?), I'll play it.

Most of your suggestions don't make sense.

It's like you're saying that they will reuse the old Fallout engine.

It's a completely new game, and OBVIOUSLY they'll add current gen features seen in recent MMOs.

MrCanon said:

It's a completely new game, and OBVIOUSLY they'll add current gen features seen in recent MMOs.

I would love the engine to that of resemble fallout 2's, but with modern resolution and graphics perhaps.

But if there was an mmo made from fallout 2, being the exactly same with some new content (more cities, weapons, quests etc). That game I would definetly still be playing :D

I don't like MMOs because they take too much time etc., but if there ever will be a fallout MMO, I would SURELY play it, if it was a true fallout.

What i meant was something like a very modern Van Buren Engine and for newer audiences instead of just an isometric view an adjustable view as well.

I just hope that it's released.
I trust Interplay to make it decent, a few things i would like to see are ISO views, tons and tons of equipment, decent story lines for quests, basically the usual thing you would expect, but all done in a nice Fallout (1 & 2) style.

Seriously though, it has to be released.
I could see it being the type of game where i have to set up a drip and automatic toilet in my room so that i don't have to waste valuable FOOL time doing things like eating, drinking or shitting.

Scavenging & constructing settlements from re-used stuff. A solid crafting system, lots of abandoned pre-war buildings with lore etc.

New Factions, no more BoS, Enclave etc. And give Raiders a new name, even bandits or highwaymen, doesn't matter as long as it is NEW.

Back