Vault-Tec Map, Fallout TV Show

Bethesda just lacked the imagination necessary to come up with a vault experiment that was more than just an ordinary day in the life of Florida Man.

Momentary dementia, I'd forgot that you can walk into Arizona, as it's such a small part of the game world and the only reasons for going there are either quest or end game related. I really wish we could have gotten a DLC set in Legion territory, if only to get a better feel for how the people there go about their day to day lives. Dale Barton is the only bit of info we get (I believe) sadly. I've always seen the Legion as more of a show of force against their enemies but as far as their citizens are concerned, as long as you were law abiding, you'd be left well enough alone.
It seems like you're just talking about the Fort/Legate's Camp, but technically there are at least two other locations in Arizona: Deathclaw Promontory is in Arizona, and Dry Wells is assuredly in Arizona (being south of the Mojave, on the left bank of the Colorado, and somewhere in the vicinity of Interstate 40).

I also tend to assume these days that the Sierra Madre is somewhere in Arizona, but this is impossible to prove.

Bethesda just lacked the imagination necessary to come up with a vault experiment that was more than just an ordinary day in the life of Florida Man.

Vault experiment don't even need to be tied to its geographical location, I used Vault 53 for my Florida setting and I quite like it.

It seems like you're just talking about the Fort/Legate's Camp, but technically there are at least two other locations in Arizona: Deathclaw Promontory is in Arizona, and Dry Wells is assuredly in Arizona (being south of the Mojave, on the left bank of the Colorado, and somewhere in the vicinity of Interstate 40).

I also tend to assume these days that the Sierra Madre is somewhere in Arizona, but this is impossible to prove.
I forgot about the Dry Wells, as I've only every explored that area once in my 3000+ hours playing the game. As far as the promontory is concerned, I just never really thought to much about it, but you are correct.

Vault experiment don't even need to be tied to its geographical location, I used Vault 53 for my Florida setting and I quite like it.
Sure, but any crazy evil experiment is still just a regular Florida Man day. Getting dosed with FEV and turned into a super mutant? It's just government PCP mixed with STD, Florida Man has done both aplenty. Clones? Florida Man never breeds outside his bloodline anyway. Haha, Gaaary.

Sure, but any crazy evil experiment is still just a regular Florida Man day. Getting dosed with FEV and turned into a super mutant? It's just government PCP mixed with STD, Florida Man has done both aplenty. Clones? Florida Man never breeds outside his bloodline anyway. Haha, Gaaary.

I can imagine a Bethesda Florida Man Vault that just spews out those hillbillies from Point Lookout haha.

Speaking of Super Mutants, I never fully appreciated how massive they were until recently. If they were to stand fully erect, they'd be like what, 10ft tall? I wish for a Fallout where I could play as a Ghoul or Super Mutant, with all the positives and negatives that come with that.

View attachment 28471

A fan of the Fallout TV show has overlayed a map of the United States over the Vault-Tec war room map listing all Vault locations. Are there any close to your home?

I see...four of them.

One in Harris County, which is the Houston area.
One in Brazoria County, likely near Angleton or Freeport.
One in Galveston County, probably near Pasadena.
And one in Jefferson County, near Port Arthur and Beaumont.

As for the other six on the map...

Nueces County, probably for Corpus Christi.
Bexar County, which is San Antonio.
Travis County, which is Austin. (*groans*)
One near Ector and Midland, so a toss-up between Odessa and Midland.
Dallas County, which is Dallas, of course, and the last one...
I don't think the last one is in Tarrant County, which is Fort Worth. It looks closer to Parker County, where Weatherford is.

....I hope Bethesda never touches on the Texas Commonwealth. They'd do my state dirty, without question.

Back