Vaults of the future!

StroHersh

First time out of the vault
So, if there's an important part of any Fallout game it's the vaults: In two of the games you start in one, and in all the games you begin in the iconic Vault jumpsuit. Exploring a now abandoned vault is a fun part of any Fallout game. So, what are your ideas for Vaults in future fallout games?

I had one - The Vault would contain many small faults: things being slightly off-centre, or off colour. Some doors would never close properly (the main door would though, no repeats of Vault 12), rooms would be slightly assymetrical. The vault was then filled with sufferers of OCD, with the exception being the Overseer. The overseer was not to change anything about the design of the Vault.

To be honest, I haven't really thought this through, I just like the concept. But nonetheless, anyone have ideas for Vaults?

Personally I dislike vaults, at least the Bethesda ones. They should have hired some real concept-guys to make them, plus I hate exploration with tons of loot, plus they should have at least tried to boost the textures a little.

As for a Vault idea, as I mentioned in my own Fallout 4, a Vault where the 1000 dwellers were divided into 3 parts and all supposed to be rivals. Sort of like that Vault in New Vegas, but instead of a suspicion/fear theme, it's all out agression, harassing, you name it. The three groups were chosen specifically, from different parts of society, with various political views etc.

I like your idea, StroHersh, but you should polish it a little bit more. You should try to think of a motivation for that specific experiment.
I think a slightly better idea would be to put actors faking the OCD's and healthy people, to check the effect on them. Like to test if there exists some kind of contagious by custom.

I had an idea for a vault where the Dwellers were all told that one day all the robots in the Vault would go crazy and kill everyone. The fact that people in this vault are guarded by robots, woken up by robots, and fed by robots didn't help. The constant fear eventually lead to a Mass Suicide.

Another idea was a Vault where Oxygen was pumped into the atmosphere, keeping everyone awake. Everyone eventually went psycho.

And Lastly, a Vault where once a Month a lottery was held, And the one winner was stripped of everything but their jumpsuit and thrown out into the Wasteland. Infants, Children, and the Elderly were not spared.

I have been unimpressed with a few of the most recent Vaults. Fallout 3 disappointed in many ways, but the Vaults stuck out a lot. They were pretty lame. The music themed one was alright though.
FNV had a few really good ones though. I would like for more of them to be unique like in FNV. There is no point in putting a random Vault with no story in, and just filling it up with Ghouls or Raiders. I would rather see no Vaults than see that, but that is what I felt Fallout 3 did. I want to know more about the social experiments in the future titles. I would also like to see Fallout Shelters that are not Vaults.

There was a thread here awhile back about vaults.. "real" vaults. I have done some work/research into what it would take size and powerwise (geothermal or nuclear and "enough" for how much)

I really cant get into the "vault-tech" is just fucking with the inhabitants angle.

A small one with a few inhabitants who are commanded to enter eight numbers in a computer periodically would be a nice easter egg :lol:

The entire "it was all a plan from the beginning!!1" and the social experiments subplot is retarded to the get go. I'd rather not see any vault at all instead the next few inevitable Themepark vaults in the next "Fallout" games.

Back