Video Game LIES!

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
SimpleMinded said:
Hah. Great one. Getting mew in the first pokemon is one of these for me. I did EVERYTHING. Got all 150 pokemon, avoided the SS Anne so i could swim around it at the end. So many different things trying to get it but no luck.

Actually I have Mew. Absolutely no bullshit, if I met you on the street and you had your copy of PokeMon I would trade him to you so you could have him in your Pokedex. Of course I'd ask you to trade him back right away but you'd at least have the pokedex entry.

The thing is Mew isn't in the game. He only existed on certain developer editions of Pokemon for trading at special events and conventions. I won mine through a Toys R Us promotion way back when. The only way to get him is either have access to one of those developer carts or someone who traded with one.

But back to the topic. Back when the first Tomb Raider game came out PC owners promptly created the "Nude Raider" patch that replaced Lara's outfit with a badly skinned nude render. I emailed a screenshot of the modded game (yes I was one of those misguided perverts.) to one of my friends who had the game on the PS One and made up some ridiculous method of attaining it. I think it was something like beating the whole game in less than 2 hours without dying or loading or something like that.

By the time he figured out I was bullshitting him he was pissed.

And in a similar vein one of my friends had heard "from a friend" that in Killer Instinct for the N64 there was a nude code for the chick in that one. I can't remember what her name is off the top of my head or be bothered to hit up wiki.

Gamers have one track minds apparently :p

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
I remember hearing tons of bullshit about ff7 back in the day. Everything from summon aeris materia to getting seph in your party.

Yeah, I've heard both of those swindles, and various others, grafted onto the same FF "cheat": Result x will be achieved if you talk to every instance of every NPC in the game twice.

Of course, once you get to the end of the game and realize that you can't talk to Sephiroth twice without touching off the end battle, you've put enough effort into things to be truly, epically pissed.

I remember EGM's classic Unlock Sheng Long Code. Such hilarity when my friends tryed to do that cheat, then fail miserably.

Someone had a webpage with Fallout 2 hoaxes, including getting Data as an NPC, getting Elvis as an NPC and getting the BFG as a weapon. There were some incredibly bad screen edits to back this up, but apparently some believed him. Several years later I got a mail from someone asking if any of that had been true.

Gentlemen said:
I remember EGM's classic Unlock Sheng Long Code. Such hilarity when my friends tryed to do that cheat, then fail miserably.

EGM is no more by the way. Just found that out a couple days ago.

Well, I got a few lies from my brother. You know, he knows a lot of stuffs and I tend to believe him. When I was a n00b at playing Fallout, he made me believe a few things.

First, he told me that thanks to the tool set, it was possible to make a hole in the wire fence of the military base. He said it was a good method to enter without being noticed.

Then, he told me that the broken elevator in the base could be fixed. He added that if I'd fix it, I'd find a room full of weapons and armors.

So, I spent some time trying to follow his advices... no comment. :)
Later, he told me that he found a special encounter involving a giant foot print... I told him that I was tired of his bullshits... later I learned that this encounter exists... :x

hehe, he's killing me with his fibs.

Back