Wasteland 2 Kickstarter goal reached

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by 13pm, Mar 15, 2012.

1. GhastlyDemise

GhastlyDemise First time out of the vault

Mar 2, 2012
    Congratulations to the inXile team, I look forward to seeing their dream become a reality. One helluva birthday gift, waking up to see that the project will be funded :). Woot.

2. Ares

Ares First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2011
    Mhmh, if I remember correctly from Tims recent presentation a large part of the expenditures went to the VA-s and videos. The heads were especially time consuming.

Who is interested and has not seen it already then most of the Fallout development info can be found from Tims presentation:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=gdc12_fallout_session20120308#toggle_video

As for now, congrats to Fargo and his team! It remains to be seen what they can pull off with such relatively tight constraints.

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It's at $949,874 right now. Pretty sure the million will be in today, then Fargo doesn't have to kick in his own 100k for the moment. :)

4. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Just woke up and checked Kickstarter...

$950,565 :shock: Wow

This is kick ass!

5. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Congrats.

Going to give 100 bucks myself some time next week.
    [/nobody cares]

Btw : I know they are going with an already existing engine but is it a 2D engine or a 3D isometric one ?

Would love a very detailed 2D way more than a detailed 3d...

6. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Nobody knows about the engine yet.

7. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    I seem to remember people saying hardcore niche games couldn't make a profit...

Well, this one is making on and it isn't even started yet.

I don't understand how any decent niche RPG can't sell more than 25k...

Age of Decadence, you needn't fear.

8. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Really doubt they'll go with 2d. Too expensive. Better to go with relatively low-quality 3d with camera angles that can hide the flaws. Easier to produce assets that way. Not exactly a developer myself though, inXile will probably make their considerations themselves.

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Plus, for the 2d graphics you have to create 3d models first anyway. So doing 2d graphics (and - as example - painting over them for additional fluff) is even more work than going with 3d.

10. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if it hits $1.5 or even surpasses it now. Damn thing is probably going to hit $1 mil before noon!

11. VRaptor117

VRaptor117 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 18, 2008
    I find it hilarious that no one has touched the $2,500 tier. You'd think at this point that there would at least be 1 or 2 backers at that level. I hope they still make the blood sausage figures, though. I'd buy one.

12. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    I'd rather they just get rid of that tier and divide it between more $1000 and $5000 slots.

13. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    Really? I thought they already said that they're going to make an engine themselves.

Also, for the blood sausage - when the NPC slot for $1000 runs out, I'm sure they'll be buying that. If they want to have themselves as an NPC, that is.

14. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    And BOOM they just hit the million mark! :)

15. Nexuiz

Nexuiz First time out of the vault

Apr 26, 2009
    Assumed the NMA board would make a 10000$ collection and spend it via kickstarter to WL2, would this mean that the whole forum would be invited to the party? A pity it's sold out... too slow... dammit

16. Sicblades

Sicblades Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Aug 28, 2008
    Fargo tweeted that it's not an actual blood sausage figure...

17. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    I just have this strange gut feeling, after the donations finish.. He will declare he'll still throw in 100k. :wink:

18. kgreene

kgreene First time out of the vault

Jan 30, 2006
    $1,013,127 !!

19. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Unless its possible to take the pledge back, that value is not corret: right now its $1,012,129

20. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    Gone back up again, I guess a wife somewhere just bollocked the crap out of her poor husband after seeing their shared savings account history..