Weird enemies in mission one

Oppen

FIXT n°1 fan
Hi, I've just started playing Fallout Tactics, with Endocore's FOT Redux mod.
Near the end of mission one, in Brahmin Woods, I've got the following issue. Note, I am not sure it is a bug, but if it isn't I'll need advice anyway.
In Horus' HQ, I noticed there was a sniper on the roof and a stair to go up, so I thought of taking a sniping approach myself.
So, I go up the roof. While I'm climbing up, I see a raider crouching, and I can't target him. He disappears as soon as I'm up. Trouble with transparency, I thought, so the guy is probably inside the building, no trouble, I go and kill the sniper. But then, it happens with a different raider. He's standing right between the two holes in the roof. I can't target him, and not only that, he appears and disappears in a seemingly random fashion, to the point that it disappears specifically when I'm standing right next to where he was. I managed to kill one like that, and another one appeared and kill one of my companions.
The only way I can think of this not being a bug is if this is the behaviour for stealthboys in Tactics, but even if that's the case it sounds a little bit contrived that some random raiders in the first mission have them, and kind of annoying that they are pretty much invincible.
So, is this a bug? Did someone else noticed it? If it's not a bug, did someone manage to beat them?

[EDIT] Details I forgot:
- I suck at gaming;
- I'm using GOG version;
- I'm running Win 8.1 x86-64.

Last edited:
Hi, I've just started playing Fallout Tactics, with Endocore's FOT Redux mod.
Near the end of mission one, in Brahmin Woods, I've got the following issue. Note, I am not sure it is a bug, but if it isn't I'll need advice anyway.
In Horus' HQ, I noticed there was a sniper on the roof and a stair to go up, so I thought of taking a sniping approach myself.
So, I go up the roof. While I'm climbing up, I see a raider crouching, and I can't target him. He disappears as soon as I'm up. Trouble with transparency, I thought, so the guy is probably inside the building, no trouble, I go and kill the sniper. But then, it happens with a different raider. He's standing right between the two holes in the roof. I can't target him, and not only that, he appears and disappears in a seemingly random fashion, to the point that it disappears specifically when I'm standing right next to where he was. I managed to kill one like that, and another one appeared and kill one of my companions.
The only way I can think of this not being a bug is if this is the behaviour for stealthboys in Tactics, but even if that's the case it sounds a little bit contrived that some random raiders in the first mission have them, and kind of annoying that they are pretty much invincible.
So, is this a bug? Did someone else noticed it? If it's not a bug, did someone manage to beat them?

[EDIT] Details I forgot:
- I suck at gaming;
- I'm using GOG version;
- I'm running Win 8.1 x86-64.

Yes,is the game bug it happens to me when the game is lagging because it's overwhelming of entities(Raiders,soldiers etc..)

If you have a low RAM or V-RAM that's why it's happening to you.

For example my soldier was running and he cloned himself one standing then the real one running.
You can't fix this,it's game fault don't worry about.

If you want having fun with the game try Google search of Fallout Tactics Save Game editor.

Maybe Firefox was eating way too much memory, then?
I have 6GB installed, 512MB of which go to VRAM.

Is he all greyed out? When a member of your squad detects an enemy without line of sight, you still see the figure of the enemy.

I remember trying to get an angle through that roof too, you can't see through the openings, but because your soldier is in such close proximity to the Raiders a floor down, you can see them through the floor and skylight both, depending on where they're positioned.

You're computer has hardware far more powerful than mine and everything runs fine here; Abull's computer must be a Vista..

It's isn't about lags at all.
From what i can see here, you are dealing with usual "random hole in the wall" bug. Sometimes objects won't behave like solid walls or floors, and you can shoot through them from certain position (and only at certain positions at the other side). This isn't limited to Brahmin Wood, you can see alot of this crap in Rock Falls.

It's like TwoEyedYum said. Historically all tile-based games with pre-rendered backgrounds have suffered from these kinds of problems, namely invisible cracks or holes between the tiles. What's happenening here is that the Raiders are ducking or going prone as soon as they see your guy through the crack, and this change of their stance causes them to disappear from your visibility. After a moment, the Raiders figure they didn't get attacked so it's okay to stand up again, causing them to reappear, etc...

Not much can be done about these problems. In the most severe cases buildings can be redesigned to have double-thick walls and roofs, but for the most part everytime one updates occlusion on a map some holes disappear while new ones form-- it's totally random.

Edit:

I missed your second question, you said you're having trouble beating the Raiders in Horus' hut. Just take your time, maneuver slowly to get firing angles on one person at a time.

I usually have Farsight with a hunting rifle and knife, Stitch with a hunting rifle and shotgun, and the main character (for the sake of an example, let's call him Joe) with a hunting rifle and pistol by the end of the mission.

I usually have Stitch and Joe line up behind the inner screen or wall on the right side of the hut, while Farsight goes to the left. Have Stitch crouch, while Joe and Farsight crawl. Then have Stitch take one step out from behind the wall and blast the guard there with the shotgun, which should kill him in one shot. Stitch then retreats, and Joe and Farsight start crawling into the common area. Crawl a little bit at a time until an enemy comes into view, then just fight that particular enemy until he/she is dead before worrying about anyone else.

Last edited:
Back