What happened to the Lone Wanderer after Fallout 3?

Sn1p3r187

Carolinian Shaolin Monk
THEORIES! Let's hear them.
Around 2010 I wrote a short story about my character following the events of F3 (Forgive me, I was a kid back then). Cant remember where it went. But to summarize- "Main character helps clear out Vault 87 of Super Mutants and killing off any attempted organized leadership they couldve had. Goes through more extensive measures to help introduce Vault 101 to the Wasteland around 2278 and eventually they settle around Megaton and Springvale with Vault 101 being seen as a East Coast counterpart to Vault City, eventually TLW marries Amata and starts their family and helps the community as a teacher. With the help of Canterbury Commons and Rivet City, they form a large trade organization and alliance that had better protection with Lyons Pride functioning as a seemingly military junta of a government to take the first steps to keep the independent communities of the Capital Wasteland connected and lay root for a new government"

Ultimately undid by Fallout 4.

Around 2010 I wrote a short story about my character following the events of F3 (Forgive me, I was a kid back then). Cant remember where it went. But to summarize- "Main character helps clear out Vault 87 of Super Mutants and killing off any attempted organized leadership they couldve had. Goes through more extensive measures to help introduce Vault 101 to the Wasteland around 2278 and eventually they settle around Megaton and Springvale with Vault 101 being seen as a East Coast counterpart to Vault City, eventually TLW marries Amata and starts their family and helps the community as a teacher. With the help of Canterbury Commons and Rivet City, they form a large trade organization and alliance that had better protection with Lyons Pride functioning as a seemingly military junta of a government to take the first steps to keep the independent communities of the Capital Wasteland connected and lay root for a new government"

Huh, that actually sounds a lot more optimistic than what Bethesda initially implied in Fallout 4, in regards to what happened to The Lone Wanderer. What I mean by that, is take a look at Arthur Maxson's BOS! Those who were deemed loyal to Elder Owyn Lyons & were a part of his regime, were taken out. And this is due to the fact that the Outcasts rejoined them once Lyons was gone! Now what happened to The Lone Wanderer well, I guess other than being exiled by The BOS, Maxson's BOS, they probably wandered off some place else, somewhere far away from the Capital Wasteland, a place that once called home.

Huh, that actually sounds a lot more optimistic than what Bethesda initially implied in Fallout 4, in regards to what happened to The Lone Wanderer. What I mean by that, is take a look at Arthur Maxson's BOS! Those who were deemed loyal to Elder Owyn Lyons & were a part of his regime, were taken out. And this is due to the fact that the Outcasts rejoined them once Lyons was gone! Now what happened to The Lone Wanderer well, I guess other than being exiled by The BOS, Maxson's BOS, they probably wandered off some place else, somewhere far away from the Capital Wasteland, a place that once called home.
I figured TLW was at least owed some kind of decent ending after trials and massive tribulations at just 19. Albeit he suffered quite a bit before then. Maybe after a few years he'd travel quite a bit. I honestly wish Obsidian wrote the story for Fallout 3 and made things better. i even wrote a post story for my courier

What happened to the Courier?
My own personal headcanon- He went the House route, settled in Novac with his wife had two great kids and continued to serve as a diplomat for a very long time. Eventually he played a part with colony ships leaving earth to explore.....the Outer Worlds

Canon-wise, I think it's:

1. They're one of the ineffectual Elders that Maxson's historians are shitting on.

2. They're the Sentinel that is presently ruling in the Capital Wasteland back home.

3. They decided to go "Tale of Two Wastelands" or "Mothership Zeta Crew" and get the fuck out of town.

Homie left after Arthur kicked him out most likely cause if the goodie two shoes route he wouldnt want that in his BOS, which sucks because TLW would make a good high ranking officer.
My head canon is he left for the Pitt to rule with Ashur or is in space fucking over the empire :P

What happened to the Lone Wanderer after Fallout 3?

My Lone Wanderer would similarly leave the Brotherhood of Steel and Capital Wasteland. He helped Lyon’s Brotherhood take the Capital Wasteland, wipe out the Enclave, planted seeds of civilization and progression in the Capital Wasteland, and even helped reunite the Outcasts with the main force. But as the Arthur’s Brotherhood refocused its efforts on hoarding technology and squeezing settlements for resources over helping, the seeds were neglected and the Capital Wasteland never grew into what the Lone Wanderer fought so many years for. Not to mention the Brotherhood’s rising extremist views on mutants led him to feel personally responsible for the misery festering. He walked north, intending to visit the Commonwealth he’s heard so much about. Whether he made it is unknown, but his acts and deeds were retroactively underplayed or attributed to Arthur Maxson in a campaign of revisionist history to bolster his political position within the Brotherhood.

What happened to the Courier?

My Courier sided with Mr. House, campaigning around the Mojave to House’s demands, and ultimately giving General Oliver the NCR withdrawal orders at the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. The Courier was showered with awards and riches, but ultimately killed in his sleep on House’s orders out of fear of what the Courier would do when he got bored of being complacent. He was a good helper, but that can always be replaced. My Courier was a manipulator, selfish, and dishonorable (outright evil if it benefit him or his wallet), no better than Benny. And House wasn’t gonna live with that forever.

I think the Lone Wanderer ruling over the Pitt after killing Ashur is perfectly reasonable, assuming you don't have Mod canon like the Mothership Zeta or Tale of Two Wastelands.

Back