What Kind of Music is FALLOUT missing.

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Fallout Guy117, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kremin

Kremin It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 10, 2016
    I've always liked the prospect of the Fallout series having some sort of rock scene. Like some sort of mix between 60s/70s Acid rock and some other, more tame stuff.

2. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    It needs GG Allin.

Or at least some Elvis.

3. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Yes. The kings painfully needed Elvis music.

Speaking of NV this song wouldn't be all that out of place in NV.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    Fallout
    Good as it is
    Fallout 2
    Good as it is
    Fallout 3

Fallout NV
    Good as is
    Fallout 4

5. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    My opinion of the Fallout universe is that in this alternate universe, the United States deliberately attempted to create a static unchanging 1950s esque culture and enforced it via martial law and censorship. Which would be ridiculous except for the fact that the 1950s were very much a product of attempting to do this exact same thing to the public. They were trying to send women back to the home after so many of them got the experience of working and there were so many other people trying to change existing social blocks. Did they completely succeed?

No, I doubt they did, but I think they probably were very good at making sure the US didn't evolve in the way it did in our world.

It's also possible the 1950s nostalgia was a recent thing and an attempt to turn back the clock to cover up the lack of resources and how so much of the rest of the world had gone to crap. In real life, whole blocks of musics were censored and the government could have just re-released 'classic' music.

6. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

Your theory makes no sense.

No, the 1950s culture was forced because Bethesda has no clue about setting at all.

Stop trying to find excuses for incompetent writing. You're wasting your own time.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. mithrap

mithrap Ring a ding-ding, baby

May 17, 2016
    Given the context of Fallout 4 (Boston, Irish undertones in the Diamond City OST, actual Irish NPCs etc.), it would have been interesting to have 50-60's Irish folk music instead of blues and jazz. Would have been a nice change in the atmosphere, logical, and still in pace with the retro thingy going on.

To give credits where it's due, I liked the Magnolia character, because she shows that there are people still composing new, current music, not just salvaging old tape. Realistically, even after horrible events, humanity would always create new musical genres every decade or so. There will always be composers and artists, even in a post apocalyptic world. That's the thing that bothered me with Fallout 3, nobody created anything new. Music is 200 years old, just like their clothes, food, culture, weapons etc. Realistically, only marginals and nostalgics would stick to such old cultural references, everyone else would have their own, recently recorded tapes, coming from current bands. Instead of just traders and raiders, you'd encounter bands making a tour, with their bodyguards, their team and their groupies. Classical music would be insanely more popular too, given the fact that the instruments don't require electronics and electricity. Violin, guitar, drums and trumpets would be common.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Avallach

Avallach Ayreonaut

Aug 11, 2009
    Frankly, power metal seems a lil' too cheesy for raiders. I'd say stuff like Napalm Death or anything where you can do a brutal wall of death or circle/mosh pit would be more fitting for them.

9. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

There really is nothing nice about NCR
    You go to the hospital you have to pay
    The dollar is the language that they all speak
    they don't really bother about the radiation leak

FUCK THE NCR

They keep their secrets undercover
    the rich don't bother about those that suffer
    this ain't the land of milk and honey
    cause all they want is money money money

FUCK THE NCR

Nuclear bombs are fuck all old
    you'd better start running when they drop on you
    run into a shelter, play hide and seek
    cause when you die your body reeks

FUCK THE NCR

There really is nothing nice about USA
    You go to the hospital you have to pay
    The dollar is the language that they all speak
    they don't really bother about the radiation leak

FUCK THE NCR

10. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    Thank you for telling me about Radiation Dreams! I can't wait to watch it.

11. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    This needs a brutal upgrade.

fixed

Also, it would be reactive as fuck if you get a new song about wasteland legends or even the brutal immortal player character.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. DirtyOldShoe

Dec 15, 2015
    Jam Game musik

13. lolpop109

lolpop109 Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016
    I'm including the idea of new music of fallout in my mod fallout Atlanta ;

I'm planing to feature a music shop where records are sold in the forum of holotapes
    Also hopefully there will be different music arist through out the game with mix of acustic punk will 50s and 60s type of music and possibly some classical too

14. DirtyOldShoe

Dec 15, 2015
    Fallout 4, not really music, but the sound replacer when you open locks, terminals, get a shitty legendary item.

15. SarcasticGoodGuy

SarcasticGoodGuy *R O T T E N*

Aug 31, 2016
    Piper liked that

FuckFace liked that

Settler liked that

SarcasticGoodGuy deleted Fallout 4 from his Steam library and proceeded to end his own life

Pete 'Petey' Hines liked that

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  16. DirtyOldShoe

Dec 15, 2015
    Not going to discuss suicide on a public forum with inflated Odorites and bad taste in movie quotes.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  17. SarcasticGoodGuy

SarcasticGoodGuy *R O T T E N*

Aug 31, 2016
    In all seriousness, Fallout 4 had a terrible soundtrack.

In my F4 review I talked briefly about how even the 'good' tracks needed major improvements. The only 3 I liked were the Diamond City theme (but that's only as good as the setting), 'Regrouped, Reloaded' which needed a bass boost or something to give it umph, then there's the Institute theme which again needed a stronger synthesized sound to make it memorable- instead of the quiet tune we got. Ambient tunes don't have to be <0.05db Bethesda.

I liked raider radio, regret not mentioning it. But there were only ~6 tracks- there's no way I could spin that off as a positive point in a review. Classical music had just the well-known songs (I'm no classical music buff) and radio freedom was the shittiest thing I've ever listened to. DC radio was a fucking joke- I didn't mind Travis bc he sounded like Morty, but why are all the songs about nuclear shit? I love ironic humour, but that was facepalm worthy.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. lolpop109

lolpop109 Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016
    I like i'm a wander song but i guess fallout killed that song with the anti hype