What others think about the Fallout games.

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Risewild, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    This thread is where I will try and keep up-to-date player rates/ranks of all the Fallout games, in all the platforms I can remember (Metacritic, Steam, GOG.com, Glitchwave).
    I will make these listings be from the highest rated to lowest rated game.

So here it is, what other people think about the Fallout games:

Steam (rate from 1 to 100):
    GOG.com (rate from 1 to 5 ☆):
    Metacritic (rate 1 to 10):
    Glitchwave (rate from 0.5 to 5.0):
    I just noticed, while doing this list, that Fallout 76 has worse rates than FOBOS :V I predict this should change in the future after people play this new Wastelanders update. But it's still funny that the worst Fallout game was surpassed.

EDIT: To my surprise, Fallout 76 scores on Metacritic didn't change at all, 5 months after I first made this thread.
    EDIT 2: And to my surprise once again, Fallout 76 scores didn't rise at all.

NEW EDIT: Once again Fallout 76 didn't change on most sites, with the exception of its rate going up on Glitchware by 0.05. This means that it finally overtook FOBOS, thanks to a decrease in FOBOS rate of 0.20 (which saw FOBOS being pushed to last place when previously was 3rd last place)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 10
  2. Eshanas

Eshanas Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 6, 2016
    Tactics finally getting its fucking due.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Norzan

Norzan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 7, 2017
    Shelter having a better rating on Steam than any other of main series Bethesda Fallout games is hilarious.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 9
  4. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Thread and ratings updated.

5. JustAShcookius

JustAShcookius It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 4, 2020
    For a long time Fallout 3 was the highest on metacritic even out reviewing Fallout NV. I wonder what changed...

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Players got older.

I have been saying this for years:
    "Over the years I've met many players that preferred FO3 over FNV, but changed their mind with time. I don't remember ever meeting someone that preferred FNV over FO3 and later changed their mind."

This is still true today. :boy:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 7
  7. Cellmember

Cellmember First time out of the vault

Feb 24, 2014
    NV for me hands down, and I own and play/ed all of them.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. JKRDU(AKA Junyoung)

JKRDU(AKA Junyoung) Shitty, unemployed 3D Artist

Nov 21, 2018
    Quite surprising that Fallout 4 and 3 used to have high scores, and went downhills drastically. Wasn't it around 90 or something when it first came out?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Updated first post.

I can't remember, to be honest. But it might be the case that those numbers were the ratings from critics (they are higher). But I only mention the players ratings, because those are the actual reviews and values I consider honest. People who actually played and paid for the games.

Not to mention that critic rates are pretty much set in stone. The critics rate the games once and forget about it. While player rates are never static, they're usually updated by old players and let's not forget that new rates from new players are always coming in too.

Also FO4 did have people changing their reviews when the Creation Club was released. Players hated the inclusion of Creation Club, the CC content and how it would break their mods every time it updates.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 6
  10. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Awesome list!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Thanks. :ok:
    It takes a bit of time and effort to maintain, but I do it whenever I have a bit of spare time.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  12. Rebelscum86

Rebelscum86 First time out of the vault

May 22, 2021
    I feel like FO3 got hit by FO4. That's crazy. I like the game a lot. As many criticisms as there are for the lore and delivering on FO, the games quality is in the 80s, not 70s.

Glad to see NV on top so much. I have more playthroughs in NV than any other game. Definitely in my top 3 all time with the exact spot changing with my mood.

13. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I think one of the reasons it's low is because the Steam version doesn't work properly on Windows 10, without having to go through extra steps and loops.
    This, of course, annoys people who buy the game there and then they rate it lower.

14. Norzan

Norzan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 7, 2017
    Hilarious that one year later after i posted this, this is still true.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  15. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    2022 is here, and this is still the same.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  16. cratchety ol joe

cratchety ol joe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 2, 2008
    have you thought about dedicating a page of its own to this, all backed up by some webscrapey auto compile nonsense backend?

17. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I wouldn't know where to start, and due to my sleep disorder, I can't really learn new stuff very well (or at all).
    Most of the time I can't even form good sentences. One of the reasons I don't post much anymore, my brain is mostly melted these days.

18. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Updated

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022
    No matter the case, the fact still remains which is this...

BOS > 76

:D