What's your favorite moment from New Vegas?

Talking down Legate Lanius. There's been this huge build up to him, and he's actually pretty reasonable and willing to listen to your arguments.

Just behind that is the first Legion encounter at Nipton.

Killing Lanius is a great moment, but talking with Yes Man is always a pleasure. "You have done a great job with those tribes, and is not only because i have to tell you!".

My favourite NV is when the Courier and Boone defend Bitter Springs. He is reserved as hell but when its decided to talk, he has a great story to tell. Or when you can be a BoS paladin.

- After playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas back to back, i was glad to make a choice of faction in the first city. And even glader that i've screwed myself with the convicts, having no idea that i've blocked myself a few questlines down the road, with my initial choice and bad reputation with them. Considering it didn't have too much consequences in the main plot, i would say it is a good tutorial for choices and consequences for new Fallout players (those who only played Fallout 3)

- Entering freeside. Ho my god. That is the kind of location i would want to see more often in post-apocalyptic video games.

- Meeting the main characters (companions, House, Benny, Yes Man, Caesar etc...)

- The whole dead money DLC. Best part of the Fallout series after Fallout 2.

- Honest heart. Not my best Fallout moments, but the only time the walking simulator thing suited me. No fucking music, environmental sounds, not a billion of enemies, actual daylight, companion making situational comment.

- Listening Tabitha radio. Listening Hanlon confession.

- Noticing the sewer almost at the end of my playthrought. This is how Beth should have used the metro system.

- The questline with bright brotherhood, Davison and Harland. If you play well, you can do it with only one victim. (not at all would have been better)

- The questline with bright brotherhood, Davison and Harland. If you play well, you can do it with only one victim. (not at all would have been better)

But it can be done with no victims.

A few moments:

Entering the Lucky 38 for the first time and meeting House.

The Securitron army appearing from out the smoke behind General Oliver in the House/Yes Man endings.

Meeting DR MOBIUS! in Old World Blues.

Dead Money and exploring Zion in Honest Hearts.

Discovering the truth behind Vault 11.

ProneSquanderer

From what i recall, you have to kill one of those two :
- Harland, so Davison and his crew leave the place.
- One of the nightkin, that hold a key or protect an area in which you will get the item to convince Hardland to leave peacefully.

On the other hand, you can spare peacefull ghouls, feral ghouls, Bright, Hardland, Davison and the other nightkins.

ProneSquanderer

From what i recall, you have to kill one of those two :
- Harland, so Davison and his crew leave the place.
- One of the nightkin, that hold a key or protect an area in which you will get the item to convince Hardland to leave peacefully.

On the other hand, you can spare peacefull ghouls, feral ghouls, Bright, Hardland, Davison and the other nightkins.

The nightkin jailer right? I thought for ages you had to kill him, but you don't. Where he patrols there's a little room with a desk that holds a jail key, you can take that instead of killing the jailer for it.

Sending nukes to both sides.

One shooting Lanius with Old Glory.

Trapping Elijah in Vault.

Going to vault 22 for the first time.

Talking to Ricky - Honest Hearts

Throwing General Oliver from the Dam.

Too many to count ;)

Rescuing the Weathers family and proceeding to massacre Cottonwood Cove and Fortification Hill with Boone.

When you start talking with caesar, after destroying the bunker of mr house(or helping mr house/yes man to upgrade the securitrons). You can ask him about the legion, the ncr, the brotherhood, etc. That's when i realice that Caesar was not a bad guy that wanted to rule New Vegas just because. He has a plan, an ideology, a philosophycal explanation. Hell, he even gives you a good critique of NCR's democracy system. You can agree or disagree with his methods, but the guy has an idea.

Sorry for my bad grammar. Im from south america(Argentina); english is not my first language.

booting it up for the first time and slowly realizing it fixed damn near every problem I had with fallout 3.

bonus:
finding several references to fallout 3 through one of my favorite characters, veronica Santiago. later I had found more references to fallout 3 through another fan-favorite character ED-E. though these memories have lost all their bitter overtones in place of it, acceptance.

I don't think it is mandatory to aknowledge fallout 3 for the events to happen in broadlines. If obsidian ever make a new fallout game, I don't intend to play fallout 4 first, and I don't think I will miss much. ( on the other hand, running ghoul, new centaur models and backward civilization, and the awfull gamebryo are a bit harder to take)

Problem comes if you play fallout 1 and 2 after the others, as they will spoil a lot of it.

booting it up for the first time and slowly realizing it fixed damn near every problem I had with fallout 3.

bonus:
finding several references to fallout 3 through one of my favorite characters, veronica Santiago. later I had found more references to fallout 3 through another fan-favorite character ED-E. though these memories have lost all their bitter overtones in place of it, acceptance.

Booted New Vegas for the first time!? Enjoy it man. Take your time and make sure you play on Hardcore.

Booted New Vegas for the first time!? Enjoy it man. Take your time and make sure you play on Hardcore.
I think he meant booting it up for the first time as his favorite moment from New Vegas...

On-topic: All of it.

Well.... except maybe for some quests that's basically go here and kill x amount of y. The most prominent example would be Can You Find It in Your Heart? quest in Mojave Outpost, you only shoot some ants and.... that's it. If you're role-playing a pacifist who won't even spank a bad dog, and you want some NCR reputation, you're fucked. Seriously, I can think of some easy ways to tweak this quest a little bit and it won't be boring shoot-and-(receive)-loot quest.

Last edited:
Annoy Raul by keep asking what is his name, and most of companion quests.
ED-E's vanilla quest is not very interesting, but i guess his quest only really start when you do the Lonesome Road.

bonus:

Oooo, what were those?

Back