What's your opinion on Tactics?

The 1k-2k turn based games were a ton of fun and allowed for a lot of creativity into your builds, especially when restricted to rulesets. I know that sounds kinda silly, but when you are limited to certain weapon types it kinda lets you shape personalities into your characters. I have tried getting back into it as an adult but the appeal is mostly gone now, sadly. A big part of the appeal was that it was a Fallout game and I had been dying for a new one.

This doesn't sound silly. Entire mp community of Tactics was great... but you know what's silly? Shooting throught walls with rocket launcher. If devs aren't fixing such bugs... it's horrible.

zegh8578 said:
LuckyShot7777 said:
Quarto said:
I agree with those who say it's a OK game. I enjoyed the squad-based game play that opened up more strategic options when dealing with combat.

My biggest issue was the story. Didn't care for it as it didn't quite feel like Fallout to me.

The story is Fallout enough for me to say the least, but the gameplay I'm just plain terrible at. Never really was the squad management type of guy who has to control/manage everyone. The turn based option would of probably made it more organized and a better experience for me, but it takes forever due to the number of npcs on the map.

I always play it turn based. I agree that sometimes it takes a while for a turn to complete, but not that much. A few slow ticking seconds, that's all. Besides, the more you clear out a map, the lesser enemy npcs, the quicker the turns will be ;]

Maybe I'll give it another try then, but the real time for me is just plain unplayable D:

Languorous_Maiar said:
The 1k-2k turn based games were a ton of fun and allowed for a lot of creativity into your builds, especially when restricted to rulesets. I know that sounds kinda silly, but when you are limited to certain weapon types it kinda lets you shape personalities into your characters. I have tried getting back into it as an adult but the appeal is mostly gone now, sadly. A big part of the appeal was that it was a Fallout game and I had been dying for a new one.

This doesn't sound silly. Entire mp community of Tactics was great... but you know what's silly? Shooting throught walls with rocket launcher. If devs aren't fixing such bugs... it's horrible.

What I meant what sounded silly was that working within restrictions allowed more creativity for your builds.
But yeah, the community was cool, and I remember playing with mostly chill people who didn't exploit bugs. The 10k 1 man scene is what really did the game in for me. I complain about that a lot but it really sucked the fun outta the game when most of the servers were just 10k 1 man.

Back