Which would you rather see?

Seasick91

First time out of the vault
Fallout 1 ad 2 released on the DS,

Or Fallout 1 and 2 released as an FPS rpg, like Fallout 3?

Personally, I think it'd be interesting on a DS..

With that, no graphics would need to be changed, and they game could just be ported.

With an FPS RPG, you'd have to remake the entire game.

So, what do you guys think?

I don't think the demographic that plays the first two Fallout games is the same demographic that owns Nintendo DS's. :|

I'm a fan of first person RPGs... so I'd rather see Fallout 1/2 done in the Fallout 3 format. That may also be because I'm not a huge fan of the DS and if I want to play F1/F2 I just use the PC.

DS maybe, just to have the games in a portable format.
But then again, the most modern Linux handhelds might actually be able to play Fallout 1 and 2.
The text would be way too small, though.
If I had a tablet PC, I'd have Fallout running on it for sure :D

First person would be cool. If it wasn't a shitty herp derp action adventure. Don't know about porting it though. Seems kinda pointless. I only play fallout 1&2 every now and then, not something I'd pay for again on a different platform. Still a good idea though but would need major gfx buffing. People that play on DS seem a lot more open minded though. Hence, fallout 3 being nominated for game of the decade.

Hassknecht said:
DS maybe, just to have the games in a portable format.

The text would be way too small, though.

I think the top screen could show the gameplay and the bottom screen could show the text for dialogue options, and such. Then you could just touch the dialogue option you want.

Like it or not, the first two FO's are meant to be played the way they were created.

Changing them to FPS will change everything, because you can't emulate that kind of style into FPS.
Look the crap PoS VATS is!

This is the same of remaking a CIV game or Age of Empires II into FPS, it won't work.

[ ]'s

I'd like to see them ported to the 3DS instead. If they make it work, I'd finally have a major incentive to buy one before Nintendo releases that new paper mario game.

Back