Who do you trust (to review your games?)

douchebag.jpg

lol! sorry to post so off topic but I used to live in a mfg home made to those exact specifications. They're basically tin cans, you should hear what it sounds like when it hails.

As a member of the elite gaming cognoscenti I get oodles of games for free and play them and then I tell you worthless peasants what is good and what is bad.

Short answer: me!

Pajari said:
As a member of the elite gaming cognoscenti I get oodles of games for free and play them and then I tell you worthless peasants what is good and what is bad.

Short answer: me!

How does one become a member of the "elite gaming cognoscenti"

I mainly stay away from review like Ign and gamespot. They are full of shit and stinks of PR money this day.

Oh I read PC Gamer US. Thought I don't agree with the 98% score of Half-life 2 review :roll:

I'm big on PCG US. I haven't played HL2, though, so I can't say whether or not I agree...

Myself, and anyone who writes for me.

Also, I love MetaCritic. Outside of that compilation site (and my own stuff), most of the people I talk games with work for gaming companies. You'd be surprised how candid some of them can be about their own stuff if you ask and tell them it's off the record :-P

I actually read wikipedia on a game if I want to know about it (if the option is available). It's fairly impartial and encyclopedic by nature, so it tells me what I need to know without formulating an opinion tat may effect the information.

Then, if its a console game, I wait for it to become used at gamestop, so I can buy it and if I hate it or beat it too quickly, I return it within the 30 day period for my money back.

If it's a PC game, I tend to download demos.

If there are no demos, then I read some user reviews, and look over some of the more basic GameFAQs information.

Brendon said:

Looking at your site I've noticed some pretty good reviews. Than I noticed you gave Halo 2 Vista 9.0 and Oblivion 9.5.

So, I'm sorry, but no, I don't trust people who write for you.

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
Brendon said:

Looking at your site I've noticed some pretty good reviews. Than I noticed you gave Halo 2 Vista 9.0 and Oblivion 9.5.

So, I'm sorry, but no, I don't trust people who write for you.

Hey, I happened to like Oblivion. (I don't know who reviewed the PC version off the top of my head, but I think I gave the PS3 one a 9.2 or something)

If you'll notice, though, the guy who reviewed Halo 2 Vista no longer writes for us ;)

If anyone can show me a review site other than a compilation that can please everyone there is, though, I will admit that God exists. I'm looking at you, Pope.

Brendon said:
If you'll notice, though, the guy who reviewed Halo 2 Vista no longer writes for us ;)

That's really commendable. (No sarcasm)

The Oblivion remark still stands.

The site is pretty nice, one suggestion, tho', you should add some screenshots to the reviews.

Back