Why didn't Obsidian bring back Wattz laser weapons?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Hardboiled Android, May 21, 2020.

1. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android A Smooth-Skin

Jun 7, 2015
    As we all know, Obsidian restored both the Glock 86 Plasma Pistol and the Winchester Plasma Rifle in the form of the Plasma Defender and the Plasma Caster. This raises the question, though; why didn't they decide to do the same for the Wattz laser weaponry? The rifle could've been easily renamed "Laser Sniper".

2. Lidku

Lidku Wasteland Sniper

Sep 4, 2019
    I suppose it was simple time restraints. Alone though Obsidian actually incorporated a shit tonne of Laser based firearms into NV. The only aspect they withered on for energy weapons in general was incorporating new Plasma firearms. The only new addition for Plasma guns was the Plasma Caster being reintroduced- which was absolutely amazing! Besides that though, that aspect of energy guns didn't get new stuff to it.

Though I THINK I remember that Sawyer himself released his own mod/patch on Nexus that adds in a bunch of weapons that were planned to be put into the game.

3. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    JSawyer mod doesn't add weapons. He would need to have made 3D models and sounds for that and he's not a 3D dev.
    His mod is also not on the Nexus.

The Mod does edit quite a few existing weapons though.

4. Lidku

Lidku Wasteland Sniper

Sep 4, 2019
    Ah I got confused with the Classic Weapons mod in actuality.

5. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    Time restrains and bugthesda being a bunch of dicks. We are talking about a game that had 18 months of development. They added some in DLCs, but they could only do so much.

So many things were cut thanks to bugthesda, who are still bitter of New Vegas success.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Atomic Wrangler

Mar 16, 2013
    Could be time-restraints, could also be that Plasma Weapons needed some extra oomph to them or some appeal since the normal iterations of the plasma rifle/pistol aren't massively appealing to players, so adding high-powered and better versions would make sense. Compartively, I would wager most energy weapon players of Fallout 3 ended up using Laser Weapons anyway, so there wasn't as much demand for improvement especially when NV was already incorporating powerful unique lasers.