Why does everyone hate Baldur's Gate?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kilroy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kilroy

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-00 AT 05:37PM (GMT)[p]I've been checking the forums and in alot of post people complain about BG. I don't see why. OK it's linear, easy to cheat don't have a great story or great gameplay feeling. BUT it was a realy cool fantasy RPG and I thought it was great. FO and FO2 was better but BG was still good. It was almost harder to since it was CTB. I mean how hard is it to kill a guy with a Gauss gun when you have 12 AP and the Bonus Rate of Fire trait? Compare that to try to kill a frigging halfgod when he has trice the amount of HP as you and he's immune to fire! In FO you was almost immune to any wounds with the PA or APA. In BG you must kill the owner of the armor/weapon/magic wand before you could take it. And they don't have just one mag to their weapons like all the raiders in FO2, they have alot of arrows, bolts or magic healing potions. Now I've just started to play BG2 and the AI has been improved a great deal, so the enemies are harder and they use all theur abilties and skills.
Please don't flame me for this.

PS to Xotor. I've been reading an old disscusion we had about all the bad things that USA did and in one of your posts you said that the phone was probably invented to help armies communicate with instead of Morse code. That's wrong. Bell thought that it could only be used so angry wives could call their hisbands home from the pub because he thought that noone would like to have a chat with someone he couldn't see. How wrong he was. :)
[div align=center]

http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
[/div]

"Call me a vagabond, and I'll smile. Call me a thief, and I'll laugh. Call me a liar, and I feed you your liver."

ITS COZ IT SUCKS BG SUX SO MUCH COZ THERES ALL THOSE THOSE THINGS YOU JUST SAID IT UR SUCH A TARD YOU JUST SAID WHY IT SUCKD URSELF U SHOULD WISE UP U NO? WISE UP AIGHT GOOD IT BE GOOD FOR YOU SO WISE UP. BG SUCKS COZ OF WHAT U SAID ITS PEOPLE LIKE U WHO IS SO BAD U NO? YEAH U SO SMART I AINT LISTENIN TO YO CWAP COZ ITS DUM SO SHUP AND WISE UP

>WISE UP AIGHT GOOD IT BE
>GOOD FOR YOU SO WISE
>UP. BG SUCKS COZ OF
>WHAT U SAID ITS PEOPLE
>LIKE U WHO IS SO
>BAD U NO? YEAH U
>SO SMART I AINT LISTENIN
>TO YO CWAP COZ ITS
>DUM SO SHUP AND WISE
>UP

See children, this is what rap music does to you ;-)

"Blessed are those who break the rules."

Damn, I just came back on the boards and there's already one of these....

-I'm not a pessimist, I just think realistically

Holy Crap!!!

I leave for a week and already things go out of control!!! I guess it's back to rehab...

"For those of you who don't like snowball fights, a winter tip: the proper response to an unanticipated snowball attack is shaking your fists and yelling "You darn kids!" If you're going to do this, it's also best to wear a top hat."
– Brunching Shuttlecocks

Back