Worst Quest in Fallout

Yeah I wish the mine had easier and less enemies, or different ways to take them out, kind of like the Radscorpion cave in Fallout 1..
Thank goodness for Wanamingos being rendered extinct by the time of New Vegas. Bloody annoying those things are and with few mechanical weaknesses to boot.

I don't think there is anyquest in which you are actually required to clear the mine.you can sneak your way to the macguffin and be done with it.

I don't think there is anyquest in which you are actually required to clear the mine.you can sneak your way to the macguffin and be done with it.

You have to clear the mine for resale. Which is a minor bunch of money and not that much more than you paid for it.

You have to clear the mine for resale. Which is a minor bunch of money and not that much more than you paid for it.
And it's a contender for worst quest too.

Ascorti sells you the deed to the mine for $1000, yet the only person you can sell the deed back to (for $2500) is Ascorti. He could just ask you to clear the mine for $1500 caps. The whole selling and rebuying of the deed serves no purpose. They could've just cut the whole part about the deed out of the game.

Although in theory it has potential. What if you could sell the deed to any of the other mine owners, ensuring Redding's gold goes to either New Reno or NCR. Or, I don't know, exploit the mine yourself allowing you to sell gold to either New Reno, NCR, Vault City, or all three to ensure Redding's indepence. It could generate a bit of money over time for the player too.

This would of course conflict with the excavator chip quest. But that quest is a bit silly in and of it self. If there's only one working excavator, why wouldn't you mine in the supposedly richest mine, i.e. the wanamingo mine? And what good is the wanamingo mine to Ascorti if he doesn't have a working excavator?

Back