Wow, so I guess she wasn't lying

pyroD

Still Mildly Glowing
So about 11 months ago a thread was created on Reddit by one Sandra Reed where she claims to have been fired by Bethesda Game Studios for accidently leaking info on FO4. As you would expect, she was highly criticized by the community. But so far she hasn't been wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

I think we have a full layout here guys. Heres everything that pretty much proves it so far:

1. FO4 is in fact set in Boston as she said
2. As seen in the trailer, the player character does in fact have a voice and speaks for himself
3. BOS, Super Mutants, and Feral ghouls are all present in the trailer
4. Three Dog (or at least his voice) does return in the game as teased by Erik Dellum on Twitter some many months ago
5. The first version will be released for PS4, XB1, and PC as seen on the Bethsoft website. Either this changed or they're trying to push people to next gen by not mentioning the PS3 XB360 version
6. The game was developed in house by Bethesda
7. And finally, she stated the trailer would be released June 2015 at E3. Now I know the trailers already been released, but it is in fact June 2015 and Bethesda possibly just wanted to build hype for their E3 presentation

Now, if everything stated so far has come true, then I guess it's safe to assume that she was telling 100% of the truth and all of the release dates are officially known, barring Beth doesn't push them back, in which we would be notified of such a move.

Any thoughts guys?

Last edited:
Thought it was bullshit, but now I don't think so anymore.

/Edit: Except for this "advanced version" for PS3 and stuff. I think that sounds stupid.

And if this story-mode thingy is true, it's stupid as well.

Last edited:
The Brotherhood Of Steel returns and control Logan Airport. This BOS is not the same as seen in Fallout 3. Instead, a similar BOS to the ones seen in the classic Fallout games as well as Fallout New Vegas make an appearance, only caring about technology, and will obtain it by force if they have to.
This is an interesting idea, but it's Bethesda so I know it'll be executed in a really underwhelming fashion.

Funnily enough though I think the third world east coast part of the setting is probably the only place where traditional brotherhood could really thrive. Anywhere else on the continent and they'd have to act like the Brotherhood from FO:T.

Still too much is left in the dark to be able to tell how bs this is. I hope most of this is bs, because so far it looks like Fallout 4 will be a million times worse than Fallout 3.

Idk, I feel satisfied with not being left in the dark by Beth(maybe). But I really hope they opted not to actually go with the voiced character, but it seems like they are. Also BOS needs to go away now, what explanation do you have for them being here? Lyons brotherhood was too small to travel and expand more. If it were just the outcasts that would make a ton more sense but they would have to be very small unless they tried to recruit locals. The super mutants traveling I guess makes a bit of sense though. Also it's been ten years, Talon Company should either be larger or completely non existent. Beth is dropping the ball again with that faction it seems.

1. FO4 is in fact set in Boston as she said
Wasn't this a fan speculation for years now? The Institute, mentions of the north, it seemed like the safest bet.
2. As seen in the trailer, the player character does in fact have a voice and speaks for himself
Which is hardly proof of the character having a voice in game.
3. BOS, Super Mutants, and Feral ghouls are all present in the trailer
Oh, yes, Bethesda 'Real Fallout Is BOS And Super Mutants' Softworks brings back BOS and Mutants. I am shocked. Also, was the BOS symbol showing? Because there is already a high-tech group in there that could be using the outfit as well.
4. Three Dog (or at least his voice) does return in the game as teased by Erik Dellum on Twitter some many months ago
His tweet is from January 2013. The post is 11 months ago. Not exactly prophetic.
6. The game was developed in house by Bethesda
How unexpected.
6. And finally, she stated the trailer would be released June 2015 at E3. Now I know the trailers already been released, but it is in fact June 2015 and Bethesda possibly just wanted to build hype for their E3 presentation
Wasn't E3 rumoured to have actual gameplay presentation in addition to just a trailer? I dunno honestly.

What really ticked me off were two things:

1. 'Story demands that the PC is male'. This is Beth we're talking about. Their stories demand nothing. If they have a choice between letting the players have their way and following the story, the story goes out the window. They would never say 'no' to the players - it would be blatant misunderstanding of their audience.
2. Returning characters and factions. This is just typical fanfic stuff. I saw similar 'linked to a group across America' in dozens mods, mod ideas and fan Fallout comics. Bethesda might not be the best writers around, but this is fanfic.net level of creativity.

The guy responsible for the Kotaku article about the leak has come out and said that no "Sandra Reed" was behind the leak, and that the reddit post probably isn't true, so make of that what you will.

He also said that the casting documents leaked to Kotaku included auditions for male and female protagonists. If these two things don't debunk that reddit post, I don't know what does.

I honestly cannot believe people are buying such an obvious sham.

Last edited:
Btw if the post is true then "June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive." So no Obsidian Fo:"NV2"

Btw if the post is true then "June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive." So no Obsidian Fo:"NV2"

Behavior Interactive made Naughty Bear, and for the most of their history they've mostly made terrible licensed games. Do you have any idea how ridiculous a FO spinoff by them sounds?

I never stated that the post was completely legit, I was only pointing out that nothing in it has been false up to this point so it might be safer to assume that it's correct than not. Especially considering that the post was made almost an entire year ago. We can just watch the release dates to see if they continue to match up. But until then, and until we all play the game itself neither one of us can be proven wrong. I'm aware that it sounds bunk, but as time presses on there are no real legitimate falsehoods as of yet.

Also(sorry for the double post) but if Behaviour Interactive really is involved, we might be getting the crappy fallout mobile game everyone has been dreading.

I never stated that the post was completely legit, I was only pointing out that nothing in it has been false up to this point so it might be safer to assume that it's correct than not. Especially considering that the post was made almost an entire year ago. We can just watch the release dates to see if they continue to match up. But until then, and until we all play the game itself neither one of us can be proven wrong. I'm aware that it sounds bunk, but as time presses on there are no real legitimate falsehoods as of yet.

She said you could only play as male because the story demanded, that alone debunks all the bullshit in that post. Bethesda wouldn't do that.

She said you could only play as male because the story demanded, that alone debunks all the bullshit in that post. Bethesda wouldn't do that.

Oh I'm sorry I apologize, you're right. How could I be so dumb. Well everyone it looks like the article has been debunked because this guy has played the game and knows for a fact without a shadow of a doubt that the protagonist will not be male only. Or? maybe you run Bethesda? That's how you know they wouldn't do that? In any case this guy gets it.

Not to be a douche, but you quite literally had the weakest argument on this thread thus far.

I never stated that the post was completely legit, I was only pointing out that nothing in it has been false up to this point so it might be safer to assume that it's correct than not.

Psychics also get some things right..

Idk, I feel satisfied with not being left in the dark by Beth(maybe). But I really hope they opted not to actually go with the voiced character, but it seems like they are. Also BOS needs to go away now, what explanation do you have for them being here? Lyons brotherhood was too small to travel and expand more. If it were just the outcasts that would make a ton more sense but they would have to be very small unless they tried to recruit locals. The super mutants traveling I guess makes a bit of sense though. Also it's been ten years, Talon Company should either be larger or completely non existent. Beth is dropping the ball again with that faction it seems.

The Talon Mercs where some of the biggest wasted potential in FO3 honestly. Ditto for Riley's Rangers. The fact that both of them are such throw away factions annoyed me to no end.

The guy responsible for the Kotaku article about the leak has come out and said that no "Sandra Reed" was behind the leak, and that the reddit post probably isn't true, so make of that what you will.

He also said that the casting documents leaked to Kotaku included auditions for male and female protagonists. If these two things don't debunk that reddit post, I don't know what does.

I honestly cannot believe people are buying such an obvious sham.

This. The Kotaku leak was the initial source, and the Reddit leak, as usual, is full of shit.

Like I said, although I'm skeptical, I'm really not gonna write it off until there is direct contradictory proof instead of "hurr durr, no that's stupid she's stupid". This could be as soon as E3 or maybe not even till the release date is proven false.

And I'm aware of the kotaku article. But there were a couple of guesses that came true that were not spilled by kotaku. Luck? Maybe, but as I stated nothing has actually yet been wrong.

Its full of shit, it stated a release on previous gen consoles which is bullshit and bethesda would never force a male only character.

Back