Yet another New Vegas gameplay video

13pm

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
If you are a true polyglot, this news might interest you more. Multiplayer.it has a video preview of Fallout New Vegas as shown at Tokyo Game Show 2010. And here goes the most interesting part: the reporter speaks Italian while the gameplay is in Japanese. But regardless of language you can still understand what is happening there, thanks to that it's mostly action.

There's some camp of supermutants which attack you after a short conversation with one of them. You can see a plasma rifle in action once again as well as supermutants' animation. Also, some inventory items are shown.

Link: Fallout New Vegas preview at Multiplayer.it.

Plasma Caster has a really high rate of fire.

Oh and about the number next to the skill icon:

J.E Sawyer said:
Hgu said:
The icon means how much ammunition it will hold ( I think)

EDIT: Nevermind, maybe It's how any skill points you need to use it? If so It would make sence for them to give you guns you are good with early on

Yes, it's the (soft) skill requirement for the weapon. Early weapons have no numeric skill requirement even though they are (obviously) tied to a specific skill. More powerful weapons have higher skill requirements. If you don't meet the requirements, the weapon will either be less accurate or your attacks will be slower. The top-tier weapons in the game have a 100 skill requirement (e.g. the AMR, Gatling Laser).

So if you neglect Energy Weapons for half the game and pick up a Gauss Rifle, you will have some pretty swervy aim. As with STR requirements, you can still use the weapon if you don't meet the requirement, but you're really ineffective with it.

I`m so glad that generic muties have some face variety. F3 all-same-face mutants (even companion mutant...) was just off.

la19020102 said:
the gameplay is in Japanese ,not in Chinese,pal.

dammit. sure. I wanted to write "Japanese" but somehow wrote otherwise.

Nice Gameplay vid,
Can't wait for it to be released! I find myself counting the days until October 22nd (I live in Israel and we get videogames when the Europeans do, sometimes few days later)

Just wanted to point out that the Italian previewer doesn't say anything interesting at all.
Later I may translate it, it's not like he speaks much.

The plasma weapon looks cool, just like in the old days. And the mutants walking animation looks good too!

Yea, that mutie walk animation did look really nice, actually had some weight to it which makes a nice change.

Im glad to see the original plasma rifle back, never understood why beth made new concepts for all the energy weapons.
plus, muties faces look very good, they look fierce, not plain retarded like in f3.

TheUnwashed said:
Im glad to see the original plasma rifle back, never understood why beth made new concepts for all the energy weapons.

I got the impression that Fallout New Vegas will be like a Fallout 1 mod for Fallout 3.

José Cruz said:
TheUnwashed said:

I got the impression that Fallout New Vegas will be like a Fallout 1 mod for Fallout 3.
Total conversion is more like it. With a classic weapons pack, a few texture overhauls, and a new animation pack... with better voice actors.

Back