Youtube freezes after 2 seconds of firefox.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Blakut, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Blakut

Blakut Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 9, 2008
    I'm using firefox 3 and when i play youtube videos they freeze after 2seconds. They all download fine, then i can browse wherever i want to any time in the video, but it plays only 2 seconds and then it stops. Nothing else freezes and everything works fine. I have Firefox 3 with the latest flash player. This didn't happen before. I've searched the web for solutions, but they don't work for me so far.

2. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    It's not a Firefox problem, it's flash problem. Anyway, to fix it, go to "system-partition:\documents and settings\user\application data\macromedia\flash player" and delete everything you can find inside the #Sharedobjects and macromedia.com folders, restart Firefox, and all should be fine... at least for some time. I don't know a permanent solution, unfortunately.

This problem also happens when you have too many video instances open (i get it when i open the "What's on your Youtube" thread in the order and open something on youtube separately).

3. Dove

Dove Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Dec 2, 2003
    Or you could go to a firefox forum and ask them. I'm sure there's one around somewhere, I wonder how someone would go about finding one.

4. KQX

KQX Vault Senior Citizen

May 3, 2003
    Yep, the only time I get this problem is when I try to view videos in that thread. Then I can't view any Youtube videos unless I restart firefox.

5. horse

horse Vault Fossil
    Orderite

May 31, 2003
    ya, ive had this problem with older firefox versions. copypasta fixes the problem. if not, paste the link of the embedded [ youtube ] into another browser (IE, opera).

strangely, it only happens with nma. other sites with embedded youtubes work fine. www.schnipselfriedhof.de for example.