Custom character issue

Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Modding' started by JohnnyCasey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. JohnnyCasey

JohnnyCasey First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2018
    I have made two custom characters. One for the main character, as a pre-made that you can just 'Take' it from New Game menu(simply call 'Ech'), and the other that has been planned to replace Farsight and Stitch at the first mission(simply call 'Ach').

Here's some issues I'm having with that I cannot figure out how to work around.

1. Ech starts with 0. That's right. It's dead before you even pick it and start the game. I have made Ech by selecting 'File' > 'New' > 'Actor' at the Entity Editor, and I noticed ANY characters that has been made this way start with 0 health. So this might be the same problem that Ach is having as well. How do I make them start with full health as they should?

2. I don't know how to replace Ach with Farsight and Stitch. I've tried Level Editor, placed Ach at the beginning, but I don't know how to get rid of Farsight and Stitch.

3. Tough Guy mode issue. Here's the brief -
    * Clicking 'Take' button at the pre-made character: will keep the character's description, but the Tough Guy mode will be disabled.
    * Clicking 'Modify' button at the pre-made character: will NOT keep the character's description, but you can enable Tough Guy mode at character status screen.
    * WHAT I WANT: keeping both pre-made character's description and Tough Guy mode enabled game.
    Tell me this is possible plz...

I have solved all the issues.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 10:47 PM
  2. JohnnyCasey

Dec 13, 2018
    God, I love this community. I love it so much after ATOM RPG community. That one's the best, and this one deserves a second.

3. +Zeke+

+Zeke+ First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2010
    Can't do #3 the way you want. If you go to the character screen to click tough guy then your allocated points must be within accepted parameters. Like 40 points to distribute to your 7 primary human stats, or 47 if the Gifted trait is taken, with none exceeding 10 to start. If you want more then you have to add booster potions to the game and take them after the game starts. Making booster potions requires learning how the Elixir of Life is made and then deriving a way to make it for other stats.

Stitch and Farsight can be tweaked but their appearance is hard coded.

4. JohnnyCasey

Dec 13, 2018
    At last, someone replied. But as I feared, the answer is completely out of topic and useless.

The reason why I address issue #3 was that I wanted to keep the character's description, not its busted stats, which I didn't even attempt.

That's not the point. I want to get rid of them and replace them with my custom made character.
    You should also have guessed with all the issue #2's containment text has been slashed, the problem was solved before you even address it.

Please. If you're not gonna bother to read the original post, then don't even bother leaving a comment as a solution. You're literally wasting both your time and mine.