Does anyone hunt down the remnant to kill them?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by T-72B, Sep 28, 2017.

1. T-72B

T-72B NCR tank commander

Sep 28, 2017
    Until today I always either ignored the Remnants or enlisted them but I saw someone bring up that they always kill them and why. This made me realize that I always saw their kind old man/woman facade and forgot about all the horrible things they did in Fallout 2 and in the lore.

Now I'm thinking my older or more informed characters that follow the kind of morals seen in the modern world would probably betray them instead of recruit them. Even if you argued none of them personally took part in war crimes they did fight to prop up an organization that was actively promoting genocide and gene superiority. Every day they fought to defend an outpost, ferried troops to steal Vault 13's descendants, or fought the NCR was a day they were knowingly buying the scientist at the oil rig to build their ultimate serum.

Anyways my current character is young and immature and might not see this reasoning but I think future characters might kill the remnants provided I build them in such a way as I mentioned at the beginning. What are your thoughts?

2. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    I never thought about it before really. The Enclave in 2 did kill people and kidnap them, but not en masse. The Enclave has been scattered for nearly 20-30 years (don't know the exact time of the NCR-Enclave war) so it's unlikely a young Courier would have first hand experience of the Enclave. An older Courier might know of them or even have fought them if they have previous NCR military experience.

I think though at the core of it so much time's passed, they've moved on (Orion's still bitter over it) and there's more pressing matters to deal with by the time the Courier meets them. That's just my take on it.

Would you shoot an elderly German for flying in troops?

3. MPPlantOfficial

MPPlantOfficial First time out of the vault

Aug 24, 2017
    Nah. But I did kill Orion in a playthrough or two.
    While the game is easy enough to finish without enlisting their help I got goosebumps the first time I saw them fighting alongside the courier.

4. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Not me. Many of them have moved on with some merely playing minor roles in the faction rather than being their masterminds. I wouldn't make a sweeping judgement of the Remnants (except for Orion but even he has his reasons for maintaining a form of loyalty to the Enclave).

An older person who remembers the Enclave's cruelty? They may have a grudge against them but even then, I would find it difficult to kill them. I certainly wouldn't kill a person who has turned their backs on their former lives and have tried to make new ones (especially those that have fully renounced their ways and sought atonement).

Plus they are among the toughest NPCs in the game so killing them would be hard.

5. mkba

mkba First time out of the vault

Jun 10, 2017
    unlike the BoS that i desroy in any way possible , some sort of revenge for sending me to the glow , i spare the remnants since they moved on and some of them share my hatered toward ncr so " the enemy of my enemy " ...

6. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Half-way Through My Half-life

Sep 17, 2016
    I think an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Basically, the Remnant aren't the people who murdered all of the Arryo tribals or the Sentient Deathclaws. They were just footsoldiers in the war and it's been decades.

• [Like] [Like] x 1