Fallout 1.5: Resurrection

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Negativity, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Negativity

Negativity Take a dirt nap

Oct 19, 2017
    Here is my review for Fallout 1.5: resurrection:

For those who aren't interested in watching the video, my general thoughts on the mod were that it was brilliant. I don't think I've ever played a Fallout mod that is that deep and well written. I was hesitant to try it but I'm sure glad I did, I would recommend this to anyone.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. FDO

FDO First time out of the vault

Jul 4, 2018
    Nice, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this mod. I was planning to try it once, maybe 2 or 3 years back but I must have lacked the free time then.

As a personal note, not specificaly directed at you as it isn't what you did, it's unfair to review a free labor made at the sacrifice of huge amount of free time with the same eyes than we would speak of a game we bought and for which the developpers have been paid for.
    I am just saying because during my occasional sessions of getting a little lost on internet, it seem people, for a large part, takes modding for granted nowadays. I mean in their expectations that someone, not them of course as most won't even try even if they would want something done, will make mods for them to try to freely enhance their games. (Speaking of games in general here)

3. Beardy Unixer

Beardy Unixer First time out of the vault

Apr 24, 2018
    I think The Saviour was let down by English-as-a-second-language more than character writing, per se. I could be wrong, but I'd put at least £20 on it being a lot better in Czech.

Other than that, I'd agree with the review. Whatever way you slice it, it's a proper Fallout game.

4. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    The one thing that 1.5 did right over Nevada, and I HUGELY appreciated so much, is the fact that 1.5 had companions. And not just having companions, they also have companions banter. Banter between companions is probably the only thing missing from the official games, which is a shame considering companions banter was a thing in PS:T and (iirc) Baldur's Gate games.

5. Lone Cat

Lone Cat First time out of the vault

Apr 8, 2012
    Basic storyline of Fallout 1.5 please.
    and the factions and settlements in this mod please.

6. Negativity

Oct 19, 2017
    Yeah I totally get it. In my review I sort of pushed towards that, I tried not to fault the very little things like a few spelling mistakes (considering they're not from an English speaking country) and stuff like that. My monologue at the end sort of alluded to what you said as well.

7. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Why don't you just try playing it instead? It's not hard to install it, since the author released an 'official' English version, unlike Nevada where a bunch of people gathered together to make an English version. Anyway,
    The story began with, unfortunately, your usual amnesia shtick, and you'll find out whats and whys as you play. It takes place further east of Nevada territory, with the main landmark being Albuquerque. I won't spoil the factions, just go play it by yourself.

8. Negativity

Oct 19, 2017
    I think the Saviors logic wasn't as sound as it could have been. It didn't make sense that he would logically see that destroying mankind was the best coarse of action, unless he's a madman, but then you wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise. However I did like the way he went about it though, I thought using the Ghouls was very clever.

9. Negativity

Oct 19, 2017
    I remember shoving Kerri into the ring to fight Blaster, and she said 'If by some Miracle I survive this, I'm going to kick your ass'. I laughed, how brilliant.