Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Muttie

Muttie First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2017
    I've encountered two oddities and can't tell if they are bugs or features.
    Those are: Since I took Cult of Personality Sulik doesn't react to becoming a slaver any more (but everyone else (Lenny, Marcus, Cassidy) still does). Second companions (including Rebecca) don't react to childkiller at all. Is this CoP or a bug? (I searched the forum and found a comment saying that CoP does prevent Sulik from reacting to slaver, it's just odd that Sulik seems to be the only one affected), no idea about the reaction to childkiller but it seems to be CoP, too.) (?)
    The other is: since delivering the booze to the Tap Room at Vault City, the patrons at Lydia's bar would turn hostile when entering (it triggers combat, which then spreads to all of VC). Is this a bug or the result of drunkenness, aka providing them with alcohol?

2. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007

3. fireprince51

fireprince51 First time out of the vault

Sep 19, 2017
    Will the "Grave Digger" reputation affect me besides karma loss?

4. Muttie

Oct 9, 2017
    I did read about the implementation of CoP, that's why I decided to try it.
    I just wasn't entirely sure what it actually does in detail, like negating reputations, which I'll assume now it does, and that "fully implemented" means that Sulik won't react to slaver while Lenny, Cassidy and Marcus still do.
    Thanks for clearing it up.

5. Muttie

Oct 9, 2017
    No, according to Per Jorner's guide, it doesn't. And within my limited experience I never discovered anything to the contrary.

6. mploura

mploura First time out of the vault

Nov 21, 2017
  7. Laskeuma

Laskeuma First time out of the vault

Dec 5, 2017
    Is there other tag skill checks in this game because at least speech needs to be a tag skill, if you want to convince Cameron to not fight you? I'm making a cheat character which has all SPECIAL stats at 10 and all skills at 300%, but four tag skills seems to be the maximum amount? Also adding all perks, so that every content (except gender related) in this game is open for a single character. I have finished the game many times and now I don't have time or will to start multiple characters with different builds. I hope that these cheats don't bug the game more?

8. Mirak

Mirak First time out of the vault

Jul 17, 2010
    I don't think there's a "tag skill checks" in any of the Fallouts (except bonus equipment in Falllout 1). I think that you may miss some content regarding NPCs raising your skills. And I'm pretty sure you can enjoy 99 % of the content without cheating, because many skills have almost zero impact on the game - First aid, Sneak, Barter, Gambling and there are very few skill checks over 100 % (and AFAIK only Science and Repair).

9. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Yes. For example, there's one check for Speech/Repair tagged to get the slaver guard outside Vic's cell door to let you through, one for Sneak tagged during Pretty Boy Lloyd quest, and one for many skills for the easter egg in the trap room on the Oil Rig. There are some more minor tag skill checks in the game, but usually no need to worry if your skill is high enough. You could check Per's guide for more detailed info, or searching "is_skill_tagged" in script source if you're really curious.

Convincing Cameron during the temple of trial is a rather unusual one that player must have Speech tagged. Judging from his script there's actually a roll check on Speech skill if player doesn't tag Speech, but the prerequisite of the dialog is player has Speech tagged... :confused:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017