Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.3

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Magnus, May 8, 2008.

1. Kimpaz

Kimpaz First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2017
    Hey Magnus, any idea how I could get rid of the loud 223 pistol sound?
    I made damn sure not to install it since I've always hated the volume of it but apparently it came with the latest megamod version.
    I've been fiddling with the acm-files (converting, normalizing) and the soundlist but the hour is either too late or I just suck at it (probably both :) )
    That minefield gave me a headache. If only I had the standard sound as a file and the correct listing for it in the soundlist it wouldn't be a problem.
    The weird thing is that I had the other sound while playing the Restoration Project where you mentioned it should be the loud one.
    Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Wow its embarrassing spending this amount of time trying to correct one damn sound. :D

Edit: Managed to switch it with another sound extracted from the master dat. Not even sure which weapon I took it from but it sure sounds awesome now without ruining my eardrums. Almost like Frank Horrigans autogun but singleshot. Nerdgasm!

Your mod is great btw. I've been having so much fun with the new Bozar, Cattle prod and everything else. Thx a bunch!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  2. Pariah

Pariah First time out of the vault

Jun 28, 2006
    The game will not allow the MPC or NPCs to reload the Bozar from the inventory. As such, Marcus can only fire what's in his magazine before simply putting the weapon away. If I want him to use it beyond a single mag, I have to physically grab it from his inventory, reload it for him, and then hand it back to until he runs out again.

At first, I thought this was because I had installed the WR mod over the YAAM. But I reinstalled the game (using GOG installer) and then specified that the RP installer not install either of the weapon mods before I installed WR. I'm still running into the same issue.

This is particularly frustrating as I do not want Marcus to have use the Plasma Rifle. But that's proving to be my only option.

Is this a known issue?

3. J_Fred

J_Fred Long time lurker

Dec 22, 2013
    At times the game will start the weapon with the vanilla ammo variant, and you either have to empty it and reload it with the correct ammo the mod uses, or use the ammo in until you reload.

Since this mod switches the Bozar to use 14mm ammo, it probably just has some .223 in it that needs to be removed and/or used up. A fresh install and new game usually fixes this issue for all instances, but it's not a huge issue. Just use the ammo in it, then put the correct ammo in Marcus' inventory. The problem should then be resolved for that gun.

4. Pariah

Pariah First time out of the vault

Jun 28, 2006
    That worked. Thanks.

5. Internalwarrior

Internalwarrior First time out of the vault

Mar 25, 2018
    Thank you So Much Magnus and i know its a bit late to ask but i got two exceptional goods idea and requests, that is, if its not too late to add..

1 . Power armor adds bonus melee damage and carry weight for 7, 8 ,9 10 strength characters. This applies to enemies as well.

Logic :
    for single unarmed 10 Strength, 10 Endurance, !0 agility characters with all melee perks (such as my self) , the power armor makes selecting 10 strength characters a waste of char points (especially how quickly you can get the power armor) .. Also logiclly speaking a 10 Strength character with power armor would hit ALOT harder and carry more alot tha just a 6 Strength character in power Armor ;)

2. High level electron lock pick skill require to inter back of Navarro base

logic:
    this will break a game hack allowing a play getting the power armor too early

Thanks for your time Magnus

6. agris

agris Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 8, 2004
    Hey Magnus, do you realistically anticipate releasing the next version in the next couple of months?