Fastest possible travel speed on world map F1/F2?

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by Shiozaki, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Shiozaki

Shiozaki It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 29, 2006
    anyone know what actual hardware specs effects travel speed on the world map, i thought it was just plain cpu speed, but ive seen talk of older cpus being faster then current stuff.

2. Squadcar

Squadcar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 1, 2018
    I found this on a forum when someone else asked how to get this to work.
    It may have been patched it seems. I also think I saw a youtuber talking about the first two games and that CPU does affect your travel speed on the world map but something about how eventually CPUs or something made it so the game didn't register it like it used to. He practically was saying that you had to have hardware (and possibly an older OS) that was super fast from around that time era to get the CPU to change anything. Don't take what I say as fact because I don't remember where to even find that video but let me know if changing that value to 0 or 1 makes a difference.

EDIT: Just found this on a GOG forum about it.

3. Shiozaki

Shiozaki It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 29, 2006
    You misunderstand, I'm trying to find the fastest possible moment speed over the world map with a vanilla version of the game.

4. Squadcar

Squadcar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 1, 2018
    Oh my mistake. It may be something to do with new hardware behaving differently like I said then. I'm not entirely sure. Sorry for posting a bunch of stuff you didn't need then.

5. QuantumApprentice

QuantumApprentice First time out of the vault

Feb 9, 2018
    I've seen a couple of speedrunners who move abnormally fast over the map right out of Arroyo in vanilla Fallout 2, but I'm not sure what the trick is. I don't recall seeing it in a Fallout 1 run though, but I haven't looked yet either. This is probably a trick speedrunners would find very useful.