Freezing when fighting Geckos alongside Sulik in Klamath

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lucas9, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Lucas9

Lucas9 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 16, 2016
    I'm playing the GOG release of Fallout 2. I'm using the Fallout 2 Unofficial Patch, with the High Resolution Patch option installed. On top of that, I installed the 3.8.4 sfall, ddraw.dll only.

My ddraw.ini Mode is =0. My f2_res.ini GRAPHICS_MODE is =2. I'm playing with the High Resolution Patch Enabled, Windowed (manually resized to 640x480), and Colours in 32 Bit, Graphics Mode DirectX 9. Windows 8.1 64 bit. Not sure why I mention this, but I thought I might as well.

The problem in question: when I recruited Sulik I did this quest for Whiskey Bob to refuel his brewing station. When we approached the Geckos and started fighting them, I noticed the game would freeze for a handful of seconds and then resume. This happened whenever Sulik attacked the Geckos. Just now I returned to the game and noticed this happened too after a fresh reload in the same area, and there's only one Gecko after I killed plenty of others, so I doubt it is a case of "too many enemies in one spot".

I have no idea why is this happening. Does anyone know of this problem? Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

SOLVED

Found this on a GOG thread:

Open -- f2_res.ini in the Fallout 2 folder.

Under [INPUT]

Change from 0 to 1 EXTRA_WIN_MSG_CHECKS=0 -> EXTRA_WIN_MSG_CHECKS=1

This solved my issue.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017