Future ( bethesda's) Fallout with Chris Avelonne

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Tiny Tim, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 29, 2015
    Do we have a thread for this? It seems like a real possibility after all.
    Question is, could CA make a good fallout game under Bethesda's rules?

2. a721402

a721402 I'm officially doomed.

Mar 29, 2016
    No.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  3. Tiny Tim

Sep 29, 2015
    Yeah, that's what i think also. But i suppose it could be more Fallout than Fallout 4.

4. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...I Remember...

Sep 11, 2010
    Even if they got him on board he wouldn't be able to write the entire game by himself. Whatever he writes would probably be good but then we'd have sidequests like beauty and the beast with a ghoul and a super mutant. :shrug:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    I think the game would be rather... interesting.

We'd have Emil's dark yet somewhat whimsical nonsense with light hearted moments that are meant to tug at your heartstrings with Chris's nihilistic and depressing characters to put down your day.

Actually, I want to see that, I hope that's what happens in Fallout 5.

6. Tiny Tim

Sep 29, 2015
    I agree. I think it's the best we can hope for at this point, frankly.

7. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    My best hopes are rather Mutants Rising, Fallout 1.5 Resurrection, Fallout of Nevada, and the Van Buren campaign on the Fonline engine.

I could extend to Project Brazil, if i ever get the will to dwelve into the Gamebryo engine again.

There is no hope with numbered Fallout games made by Beth, and too small hope for Obsidian spin-off that it is better to not count on it.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  8. MasterworkStone

MasterworkStone Wasteland nobody

Jul 9, 2016
    It's probably an unpopular opinion, but the way I see it is Bethesda has to run out of bad ideas eventually, I don't think they can do any worse with the series than 4.

I'm not going to blindly buy future titles, but I haven't lost hope.

But I from rumors I've heard, Chris doesn't like the direction the series is going in, he wants it to stay a wasteland. This may be wrong, but it's what I heard.

9. AlphaSlayerZX

AlphaSlayerZX Deadpan

Oct 12, 2016
    Sure. If Bethesda allowed Chris to nuke the entire East Coast or atleast D.C and Boston and make a new clean slate on the coast.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  10. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    That's exactly what I thought about Fallout 3, but then Fallout 4 came out far worse than I ever expected.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  11. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I've heard similar notions on the setting from Avellone as well. In that case, Chris could make a story where some mad individual (ala Presper) is planning to wipe the Wasteland clean (and the first casualty is the entire East Coast region)

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  12. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    They have billions of dollars and hundred employees whom the main purpose is to screw up the IP. They will screw up even more, looking for solution that we never thought possible to make it worse.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  13. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015
    I don't think they want to screw up the IP. I think they want to pander to the kind of people who can't be arsed to read/listen to more than a few sentences, and who struggle with the idea of skills in RPGs, which naturally leads to them screwing the IP because the audience demands it.

14. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    That doesn't fit with voiced protagonist, radiant quest, hard coded craps, and so many other things that make it bad even for those who can't read and hate skills.

15. DerGogan

DerGogan It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 21, 2014
    I don't think that MCA, as a freelancer nowadays, could be a lead anything (designer, writer. etc.) on any projects. Esp. not on a Beth title. Way too much involvement needed.

16. Kohno

Kohno A Smooth-Skin

Jul 30, 2009
    No. MCA is not a gaming equivalent of the Philosopher's Stone, no matter what his past credentials. One man doesn't make a difference.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. youlstn

youlstn First time out of the vault

Oct 16, 2015
    There is an interview where Todd Howard says that one thing he didn't like about Fallout 3 was how depressing it was. It was like they didn't fully realize that they bought an ip about the post-apocalypse until after making a game about it. Anyway, that seemed to be why they went away from a bleak wasteland in Fallout 4.

Incidentally, my favorite thing about Fallout 4 was the Glowing Sea...before I had gone there. I just liked the idea that there was this place somewhere that was still a wasteland and might present some possibilities that you wouldn't find elsewhere in the game world.

18. Brycen

Brycen First time out of the vault

May 30, 2017
  19. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Definitely true.

If anyone wants proof of this, look to games like Broken Age (Tim Schaffer), Metroid: Other M (Yoshio Sakamoto), Mighty No. 9 (Keiji Inafune) and other infamous flops that had the presence of someone billed to be capable of capturing the essence of what made games in those niches great but flopped (or were disappointments).

Especially with regard to Other M.

20. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015