How about as little legacy content as possible?

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by NMLevesque, Dec 4, 2017.

How would you feel about a new Fallout game that was as original as possible?

1. Great

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutral

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BECAUSE I CUT THE BRAKES. WILDCARD BITCHES, YEEEEEHAW.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. NMLevesque

NMLevesque Commie Ghost

Jul 2, 2016
    The only things that would return would be universals, like Nuka Cola, power armor, and vaults. No old factions or characters. No enemy types except those that should be everywhere, e.g feral ghoul. Personally I think deathclaws shouldn't be everywhere, but I can see an 'invasive species super-apex predator blah blah blah' argument coming so whatever. Though I will say that an original megafauna that could hold their territory from deathclaws could be cool. I also suppose raiders should still be Mad-Maxian, but I don't see why a fresh take on them wouldn't work. Ostensibly if we did get to visit Legion territory as was planned, presumably the only raiders there would have been the Legion, and non-generic raider gangs are definitely better imo.

2. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    If you must have giant bugs gamma world style then have local types of bugs; no more scorpions everywhere. Same goes for yao guai and mole rats. Add flying and aquatic enemy types. Have a weather patteren. Im sure others have said similar things. But to be honest, beth can’t handle legacy factions nor flesh out new factions. I feel in the long view it is a moot point.

3. Ediros

Ediros A Smooth-Skin

Feb 4, 2016
    Allow me to quote Mister Caption here: "Fallout could still be Fallout without Nuka-Cola or power armor or 10mm SMG's but Fallout is not Fallout if you can't tell people to go fuck themselves in 20 different ways."

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  4. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd love it. Like a game set pre-war in the Boneyard with all the gang wars and stuff and the emerging Children of the Cathedral and Followers of the Apocalypse (in very early stage) or something like that. Ignore the whole "it would be The Walking Dead in Fallout" malarky about ghouls being actual zombies.

5. Big Paulie

Big Paulie Kill them all!

Dec 3, 2017
    Not sure. I love Fallout. The lore, factions etc. Interesting concept though.